One ND555, One CDP555, 2 PS 555DR; is this crazy?

What’s the cost of Rossini and the DCS clock

£22k here in the UK. For that money though, the MSB Premier with its pair of power supplies would be well worth auditioning, along with the ND555/555PSDR and the Chord combo with something like a DCS Network Bridge or Sonore OpticalRendu. I auditioned all of them and posted my impressions on a thread in the Streaming Forum.

Best regards, BF

Thank yes read your thread but you bought Mscaler Dave in the end

Indeed Analogmusic. What conclusion do you draw from that, or what point are you implying by your comment? I ask because you may be drawing an incorrect conclusion.

Best regards, BF

No conclusion, it was an interesting thread…

For me having heard the same sources as you did I much prefer chord DACs for my enjoyment

From the time I owned the first Hugo 1 I knew that Chord was quite unique and what I was looking for

I have no experience with Innuos or Melco, but I am suspicious of the “integrated solution” (using your ripper/server to play CDs directly). MY HDX does a fabulous job of ripping and serving its stored files, but it sounds just plain boring when playing CDs in real time. This is true using either the analog output or the s/pdif digital output. My modest Olasonic Nano-Compo CD transport is far superior.

I saw the Melco N10 which looks interesting. Otherwise maybe Naim can come up with a reference product here?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.