Optimal Statement setup?

LOL…Beautiful! But that does not help at all. It just makes me realize the inadequacy of my room!

1 Like

Yes, but they have absolutely no space for a whiskey collection! :tumbler_glass::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Complete with ticking clock which became a point of contention until it was removed by Jason iirc. Too noisy!

Was the ticking clock replaced by a skull to remind us all of our mortality? It would be a nice diffuser.

Would you like something like that? I feel not :laughing:

2 Likes

I recollect noticing some compromizing effect of my S1 pre on other compounds when placed too close to some of the other fraim stacks.

I’d lie them all flat but stacked on top of each other. They look like they can be pushed over too easily standing up.

Worth noting here that any dealer deemed good enough to stock Statement has been extensively trained on how to set them up, and should be the first port of call.

3 Likes

With the kind of mass they’re packing in the base of each they’d practically self right.

Kinda like an old London bus. Looks like it could easily tip over but apparently they can lean 28° or something.

Bet that’s the first time Statement has been compared to a London bus :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mitch lives in the U.S and has bought them second hand in the UK, currently being converted to 110 v in HQ. So when they arrive in New York, it’s down to Mitch to install.

2 Likes

Three levels, well possible:

4 Likes

I would start with the basics, just as for any other system. A suspended floor may not be ideal compared to a solid ground floor, but at least you can ensure that there’s no movement in it as far as possible. Also, ensure that you have a suitable mains supply in a location that will work for the system, if you haven’t already done so.

I would sit them atop and lined up on a massive fancy wooden chopping block, like what James Martin uses.

3 Likes

An added bonus is that by stacking them they’ll match the height of your speakers :wink:

1 Like

I’ve heard they sound like a London bus. :hushed:

Hope Mitch knows what he’s letting himself in for. :frowning:

1 Like

@Geko
No space for the whisky collection would be a game changer!

@Charlie
Could you expound upon that? I would need to place the Statement very close to Fraim racks on each side.

@ChrisSU
Unfortunately, I cannot reinforce the floor as it is above a basement which I refinished just before I acquired my speakers and obviously, before getting my Statement. I would need to tear open the brand new ceiling which would result in me losing all indoor privileges! On the positive side, I did have a dedicated power line installed prior to all that.

@TOBYJUG

Wow…that chopping board probably weighs as much as one of the Statement amps or at least as much as the pre. I have to admit, it would look pretty cool atop that board.

…and how did you guys end up comparing the Statement to a London bus??? LOL I am sure that has never been done before (and doubt it ever will again).

Hi Mitch,

I’m sure you know this but in case not:

1- the kit doesn’t have to sit together. In one of the reviews, the journo put the amps near the speakers and suggested it was a worthwhile improvement. Obviously, this also may assist with managing the spread of weight across the floor.

2- the connections on the S1-pre are quite low down, so if your 552/stacks are set-up to suit the latter, a re-think may well be required.

3- it seems the pre-amp takes several weeks to warm-up and stabilise.

I spotted this little ‘bad boy’ when I was last in Dublin. I think this might represent a statement in whiskey’s?

Hi HL, does it now!? :thinking::wink: Best Peter

@HappyListener

I had never even considered separating the 3 Statement boxes. Very interesting idea. Having the 2 amps adjacent to the speakers might act as a sort of shield for sound vibrations bombarding the more sensitive front end equipment like the CD player and TT. Something to seriously consider…

I’m not surprised to hear the pre probably takes weeks to warm up. I think that is true of many Naim boxes.