Optimal Statement setup?

@Geko
I’m not familiar with Teeling, but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t want to spit it out into the sink.
Speaking of statements, I recently saw a bottle of Macallan 72(!) year old for (just) $100,000US. My friend’s girlfriend’s dad, who is a serious scotch investor, has one. SICK!

I would certainly consider options of decoupling the floor space from the rest of the rooms floor space. Those amps are going to put out a lot of vibrational music energy.
I think it was Roy Gregory that had his main listening room set up with hard wood laminates glued on concrete filling the whole room except for the space the kit was sat on. Then filling that space with further wooden flooring but leaving a few millimetres gap filled with some compliant gel - so to fuse out any floor bound vibrations traveling towards the designated area.
I’m sure some members of this forum have a similar scenario but using hardwood flooring and a carpeted main area.

I’m sure your suggestions would result in improved performance. I’m equally sure that making such a suggestion to my wife would fly about as high as a concrete balloon. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I hope you can come up with some options that fits in with your wife and with your potentials.
Perhaps build a nice cupboard around it to hide from aggravations.

There’s an idea!

There are a lot you could use Mitch.

Finite elemente pagode

Symposium ultra

And others:
image image

There’s this filthy rich guy (hedge fund owner) I know of in NYC who owns an entire brownstone building. He tunneled down through his basement, 27 feet, into the actual bedrock of Manhattan. He then poured a pillar of concrete from the bedrock, up into is listening room and placed his turntable upon it. Talk about isolation! (unless there’s an earthquake)

4 Likes

Could he not afford a CD player ? :grin:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@Mitch

Mitch
After the painters left last summer I set up the system new with the S1 pushed back between the right front stack and the one in the back with all the PSS on it to gain better access to the TT. However I became concerned that a more direct exposure to all the trafos of the power supplies which all happen to be on the right side of the boxes may compromise the delicate S1 electronics. So I moved it back to the front left again with more space around it and as far away from the trafos as possible, at least within my setup. I do think I noticed an improvement but it could well be some self inflicted fulfilling expectations nevertheless :wink:

7 Likes

Hi Charlie, curious me would love to know, which country you live in if that’s ok please? :thinking: ATB Peter

1 Like

@PeterR :austria: :wink:

I think I have seen pictures representing that very scenario somewhere out on the www. Impressive work.

Scott

Austria per chance? :thinking: ATB Peter

Yes, Sir ! :+1:

Cheers :beers:

7 Likes

As to the eventual placement of my components, my initial assumption was that I would place the 3 piece Statement between a Fraim rack on each side, with the speakers at the far end of each Fraim.

Now, I’m considering placing each of the Statement amps on the inside of each speaker, with a Fraim rack next to each amp, with the S1 pre in the center. As I mentioned earlier, the S1 amps could help block some of the vibrations emanating from the speaker cabinets onto the more sensitive front end components. Another benefit might be, by not having the Fraims adjacent to the speakers this would move the TT, CD, SuperLine, etc. a bit more toward the center space and further away from the speakers, also resulting in a bit less vibration.

I don’t know how much of a difference, if any, this arrangement might have on overall performance, but it “sounds” like a decent idea.

Aesthetically, it might look kinda cool…

Charlie, take that glass off of your S1. Now! I know it looks good but…

2 Likes

Will do …:joy::see_no_evil: I don’t think the standard connections between S1 pre and S1 amps are long enough to place fraims in between the units though …:thinking:

@Charlie: I don’t think the Standard Connections between S1 pre and S1 amps are long enough to place fraims between the units

I thought about that. Nothing is ever easy!!!

And thanks for removing the glass of beer(?) form your S1. Don’t ever do that again, please! :scream:

1 Like