Ordering wait time

In the last 7 days I ordered two Naim Fraims on about six weeks delivery according to my reliable dealer.
To my knowledge no microchips should be involved.
However with the 6 Decembe pricer increase there mught be a bit of a log jam in orders?

To clarify, it’s not just chipsets in short supply: just about every raw material (and even cardboard for packaging) is harder to find than it was pre-pandemic.

And yes, very high demand, too.

3 Likes

And Naim aren’t alone

The Atom HE is available to buy online right now. I am still waiting for my order of 4 June. NAIM should prioritise actual customer orders over filling dealer stock orders.

The problem there is that Naim’s “customer” for any order is the dealer or distributor, Naim don’t see individual customer orders, just what the UK dealer or international distributor orders at any time. Generally they try to be as fair as possible within certain logistical and sometimes fiscal constraints, as it’s not in anyone’s interest long-term to do otherwise. It’s down to the dealer as to what is to fulfil a customer’s order and what is just for stock.

3 Likes

Exactly as @Richard.Dane says above - if a dealer has ordered, say, 3 units, we have no way of knowing if they are to fulfill customer orders or for stock.

We have even less visibility with export orders, obviously- we know what the distrbutor has ordered, but no sight of what an individual dealer will get in that country/territory.

It’s highly likely some of the units you’re seeing for sale online were ordered at launch back in May!

1 Like

Thank you both for the clarification, but perhaps you can understand my growing frustration, especially after having been given three extended delivery estimates following the component replenishment of mid-October. Going forward, perhaps the ordering system can be amended to differentiate stock from a ‘real’ customer order.

1st world problems, eh!

No reason to do that - from Naim’s point of view.

Problem lies with your Dealer. Talk to them. Its not Naim’s fault.

Surely now knowing that there is a problem Naim could reach out to dealers and ask to be notified which are customer deposit orders and which are for stock?

That depends if your dealer takes a deposit mine doesn’t in fact when I ordered my Core no deposit was taken and as there was a delay and a price increase before I had mine it was invoiced at the price when ordered.

1 Like

I understand that. It would put the dealer in jeopardy if the buyer pulls out due to delays. Many thiugh report either paying a deposit or even paying the full price with order.

That - is exactly how a good Dealer should operate, IMHO. Well done them…!!!

3 Likes

That message could be months old! Michell haven’t yet quite embraced the digital media world. If you want to contact them, it’s still a telephone call.

1 Like

My dealer, who is as close to France as any other naim dealer ordered significant stock at the start of the year. No shortage of naims top end with him. ( he keeps trying to sell me it)

I downloaded it a few days ago. It wasn’t there a few months ago

I wonder what they’ve run put of. Not much in a Gyrodec service? Unless they are out of bearing oil!

My picture framer cannot get the glass he wants for my photos . It’s back to the 1970s

1 Like

I expect you saw straight through that excuse.

I’ll get me coat…

2 Likes

He couldn’t order the glass on-line, it was a Windows computer

I too will get my coat

1 Like

Our Christmas wine box has shipped from Auckland after a hick-up with my credit card. Priorities people, priorities. Need to do a beer stock up too for the summer holidays.

2 Likes