Ordering wait time

Long waiting time is of course frustrating, and maybe even more so when others report that service/repairs or new products are delivered within reasonable time.

Still, I find it worth noting that things also do arrive as expected. I ordered NDX2, NAC282 and NAP250DR on December 1th and all components arrived to my dealer January 20th. All in all about 7-8 weeks involving Christmas and new year holidays.

regards

Does said dealer not have any delays with other equivalent brands? Ultimately itā€™s for the consumer to choose, but if I wanted to buy Naim the sooner you order the sooner you place yourself in the queue.

Hi - I ordered an NDX2 in December 2021 and am still waiting for delivery. My dealer does not seem able to give me a date when it will arrive. Do others have the same issue or is it just me? I guess linked to a rush of orders pre-price increaseā€¦

Same here, placed order early December, still waiting. Spoke with dealer yesterday, and after conversation with Naim delivery expected end of the month. I suspect orders pre-price increase and availability of some elements have unfortunately extended build and delivery timescales. Has you dealer spoken with Naim directly ?

Andy - dont know - but he is the main (only) dealer in Greece - so I would guess so. J

I placed an order for ND5XS2 early October last year and am still waiting

See here:

On going.

Iā€™ve moved some posts into this thread. Please read through the thread - youā€™ll note that not only is demand sky high for certain products but like everyone else, Naim are facing long delays and shortages of certain key components. Your dealer and/or distributor will know better than anyone else on here regarding supply and delivery.

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t hold your breath - Iā€™ve been waiting for my ND5 XS2 since last Juneā€¦

1 Like

I think itā€™s time to go to another brand now

2 Likes

I doubt other brands are any more immune to supply & demand than Naim. Itā€™s a crisis not of Naimā€™s making so jumping ship on this basis alone probably isnā€™t warranted, unless you were looking for an excuseā€¦

As inferred above - there is a global shortage of chips and capacity through fabrication plants due to a massive increase in chipset demand globally - - and this is causing some extreme delays - if canā€™t be sourced from distributors. In my professional world I am seeing lead times of upto 10 months for some chipsets and fabrication plants and it is getting worse as demand increases yet further as the world emerges from the worst of Covid.
As Naim increasingly use chipsets in their products I would have thought this will start to have more impact on Naim and others in the hifi audio business - and possibly for some time to comeā€¦ you may find used prices start to increase significantly as newer product becomes more limited or has longer lead times - as we are seeing in some consumer electronics spaces, and the automotive space.

Simon

6 Likes

I ordered a NAC552 preamp just before the price rise and was told last week that delivery is expected end March/April.
Of course the components required for each item determine when it can be built and I understand that Naim a constantly looking to revise build schedules to accommodate parts being either coming into or going out of stock.
Sorry I canā€™t be more help. Your NDX2 is a great machine. Unless you listened to something that was as good in your system, itā€™s undoubtedly worth waiting for, however long it takes?

I spoke with a nearby Naim Audio retailer (not one of the two I normally use) recently about auditioning a pair of loudspeakers and was told that theyā€™d be unable to power them with Naim electronics because owing to the long lead times currently experienced theyā€™d sold most of their demo stock!

2 Likes

The ND5XS2 is the most delayed product (as far as I can tell) there is one specific chipā€¦

Itā€™s like the story about the missing nail, leading to the missing horseshoe, leading to the missing message, leading the battle lost leading to the kingdom lost.

Having said that I understand your frustration ā€¦

2 Likes

Just bought an ex-demo Suzuki in December, VW/Skoda couldnā€™t guarantee delivery until the Spring - and I was told this in Autumn .

1 Like

Crumbs, paying in full and waiting many months does not seem correct - a nominal deposit maybe but perhaps not even that if lead times are so unpredictable.

I have an item on order since several months at old prices with my dealer - I didnā€™t even need to put down a deposit. In fairness they know me well, but Iā€™d have been happy to put down a deposit of some kind.

Thanks - Im moving from 272/XPSDR/250DR to NDX2/282/HiCapDR/250DRā€¦ just waiting for the NDX2 with the 272 in part exchange - the 282/hicap was already a good improvement - much clearer treble (to my aging ears)ā€¦ Cant stop looking for a second hicap (I used to have 82 and 2xHicap - olive style)ā€¦ Cheers

Iā€™d strongly suggest keeping the XPS DR for the NDX2.

6 Likes

Agree with Mike keep the XPS DR if you can.

4 Likes