Ordering wait time

I was expecting my REL x7 subwoofer this week,last week,the week before that. A mirage on the horizon.
So the problems are every where.

Iā€™m afraid so. It seemed reasonable at the time, especially given that shops had been closed for months earlier in the year and needed better cash flow. I didnā€™t realise at the time that they wouldnā€™t have to pay Naim until they took delivery. I wouldnā€™t mind if I got a decent update every couple of months.

1 Like

Yep - I asked the new distributorā€™s retail arm, and they gave me contact details for a local support agent. Obviously, pricing is only useful if they are able to get parts from the distributor, and weā€™re at 4 months of waiting so far. Fortunately the 300 sounds great without the 300.

The price quoted was in the ballpark for the previous distributor - about nz$4500 for re-cap and DR upgrade

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to know thanks @JonoB. At that price, an older 300 recapped and DRā€™d would still be quite a bit less than a new 300.

Iā€™ve just ordered a NDX2 and was wondering how long I can expect to wait for it? My dealer think 2-3 weeks but that sounds a bit optimistic ā€¦

Maybe your dealer has been on the happy juice. Who are they? Pollyanna Hifi? Plan for Christmas.

2 Likes

Christmas ?!

Yes. And not necessarily this one.

Gee whiz. :disappointed_relieved:

You may want to read through the ā€˜Ordering Wait Timeā€™ thread while your waitingā€¦

Iā€™ve moved posts to the relevant thread.

Pmc1979, Iā€™m guessing your dealer ordered it for stock a while back? Great news, if so.

I hope so Richard! Iā€™ll call them tomorrow to find out.

Called Pollyanna Hi Fi this morning - they have 10 NDX2s on order and mine is indeed expected in 3 weeks :+1:

5 Likes

Great to hear.

1 Like

Excellent. Do let us know in three weeks time whether or not you have it.

In my industry (cycling) we are experiencing 1000 day order times with factories in the far east for some products and for some the order books are closed. Production capacity in the far east is probably no greater than pre covid, they have had delays due to lack of raw materials and things such as cardboard and pallets in the last year. When factories close for covid the orders get pushed back, combine this with a monumental increase in demand and lead times turn from what was 120 days including time on the water to what we are seeing now. Naim will have zero influence on what is going on in the wider world. They will have orders in with factories and will have to wait and pay extortionate shipping costs like everyone else while this plays out. We think another year of this before orders start getting cut and consumers donā€™t accept further price rises due to shipping and raw material costs. Some of our buying prices for products have tripled in price since covid! Naim are probably dealing direct where we mainly deal with UK distribution but all of our direct products have been knocked on the head at the moment with lead times and shipping costs.

I guess what I am saying is that whilst its an inconvenience to not have the product you ordered on time the world is suffering below the surface far more than most can imagine. Its been a tough last 12m for us for sure without most of our best selling lines.

5 Likes

I ordered a HiCap dr late November.
Dealer said it would arrive (to Greece) late January.
Still waitingā€¦

Sounds familiar, ordered a new racing bike early September which would be delivered in week 11. Only a couple of days ago heard that delivery date is re-scheduled to week 17 ā€¦ some 27 weeks right now.

1 Like

To all who are waiting, thereā€™s hope. Iā€™ve ordered a NDX2 late November last year and today my dealer contacted me to bring good news. The streamer has arrived. Iā€™m going to pick it up tomorrow.

11 Likes

Itā€™s time to retreat the factories and product chains from China now. But maybe it will be better this year since I heard they may open the border more this year or early next year, which means they may release their lockdown rules so more people can start to work again

1 Like