Ordering wait time

Well, in actuality, what keeps the lights on is products delivered and payment received. Naim only receive payment after the product is delivered. Apart from that, I’m not aware of any particular problems. Certainly production is extremely busy, and just some frustration that some product can’t be built fast enough to keep up with demand.

4 Likes

I’ve just received a message from my dealer - my NAP 300 arrived in store late yesterday afternoon. (I ordered in October and have an amp on loan.)

There is hope - don’t give up!

6 Likes

It’s not just Naim or components with chipsets in them. In the mountain bike world, pretty much everything is in very short supply. Back in January I enquired about a SRAM 12 speed cassette, and was given December as a delivery date. And for many bike brands, if it hasn’t been back ordered already, you’re unlikely to see it until 2023.

Personally, I’m waiting on our distributor to get a DR upgrade kit for my 300, but I’m anticipating that it’ll be rather some time to go yet. Fortunately the 300 still sounds good without the DR.

2 Likes

You are two weeks ahead of me in the queue for an ND5 XS2, Stilts.

My frustration is that no-one is giving me any steer at all as to whether it’s likely to be weeks or months. Naim must know which orders it is fulfilling at the moment - April’s, May’s? - but it’s not sharing that with the dealers, I’m told. For some reason, the dealer was told 4 months when I ordered the streamer - and that looks very optimistic in retrospect. If I’d been told 10 months at the time I wouldn’t be frustrated now. I think I’d still have ordered it. (But might not have handed over the full price.)

Naim: can’t you give the dealers better information about backlogs on specific products that they can pass on to customers?

I share your pain! Rest assured, when the happy day comes that I take delivery, I’ll be sure to post it here.

For what it’s worth Naim give their UK dealers lead time updates each month. Your dealer will have a Naim rep who they’re regularly in touch with - the rep will always have the best and most up to date information. Of course, because of how things are at the moment, if Naim themselves don’t know…

Things could get worse - apparently there is now a Neon shortage; a critical gas for chip manufacture.
Ukraine is a big supplier of Neon

Thanks for responding so quickly, Richard.

The dealer says the update doesn’t tell them where they are in the queue for that product - or where Naim has got to with the backlog. They are told when production of their order is imminent, but not how far off that might be if it’s not.

I appreciate you can never give a date for orders in the distant future, because component supplies are erratic, but you know how long the last person who received an ND5 XS2 waited for it and what the average wait is. That would give customers a rough guide. You could manage our expectations better than you do, and that’s all I’m asking.

1 Like

Perhaps this is something your dealer can discuss with their Naim sales rep.

Right, that’s all very noble, but…

2 Likes

I see what you did there

2 Likes

Hi Richard,

I think you can tell from my last post that I had quite an in depth conversation with them about what they could and couldn’t find out from Naim. When I pressed for this sort of information the conversation became quite irritable and I was told I needed to be patient and it would come when it would come.

I’m afraid that’s why you have so many messages on here from frustrated customers like me. We have no idea whether the dealer is fobbing us off or Naim is fobbing them off. But given the number of similar messages on here, I doubt it’s the dealer who’s at fault.

1 Like

I think we’re both arguing the same thing here; the information won’t come from here on the forum (the info I get is the same lead time info sent to the dealers) but from Naim - if they can provide it. And the best way here is via the dealer and Naim rep, but ultimately, as you say, it’s probably a case of being patient and it will come when it comes…

1 Like

Grrr…mine ordered in October too. First in queue and ‘a part’ away from completion apparently.

Enjoy

G

Thanks Graeme - sorry to jump the queue - I very much hope you receive yours soon.

Indeed, let’s hope all in this thread don’t have to wait too much longer.

I’m sure you didn’t jump the queue. I was late October.

G

1 Like

Good to hear that you can get this done in New Zealand. It might be useful for future work or servicing. Did you go through the new Naim dealers? Are you av]ble to share the likely cost?

I’m increasingly perplexed that people don’t seem to understand that it’s not about when they ordered their item from their dealer, it’s about when their dealer ordered from Naim. Many (most?) dealers order items for stock, in some cases a lot of stock.

So if someone orders Product A from Dealer 1 in month 6, who then duly orders it from Naim and I order my Product A from Dealer 2 in month 8, but Dealer 2 placed an order for multiple units in month 4 and I am buying one of those pre-ordered units, then it stands to reason that I get mine first.

It would also be the case that Naim would not know which one of the end users will receive theirs first as they only know when a dealer placed their order(s). This is worse still for international orders as Naim will only know how many the distributor has ordered, not how many each dealer in that country has ordered, let alone which individual has ordered from which dealer.

2 Likes

Understand the frustration here.

I freely admit, I don’t know how ordering works, but I do know my dealer doesn’t hold lots of stock in the showroom.

They order when the demand is there. They’ve kept me updated about conversations with their Naim contact.

What has impressed me most is that, after several months of waiting, they volunteered to loan me their only (!) NAP 300 so I could enjoy it over Xmas. It’s been with me ever since.

I don’t know if it breaks forum rules, but I’m going to give a big shout out to Gulliford HiFi in Exeter – going strong since 1977. Brilliant service!

5 Likes

Are you saying that you paid full price up front at the time of order ?