Ordering wait time

Oh wow

Iā€™ve seen plenty of people getting their Atom HEs, just not in the UK. I suppose it also depends on how much you pester your retailer and how much they in-turn pester the Naim stock controllers.

Iā€™m sure itā€™ll arrive soon, but this process has really stretched my patience.

Naim donā€™t keep a stock as such. However they do try to keep to a fair system of allocation and queueing for products. I would guess that some dealers ordered not just customer units but also units to keep for stock.

For any orders for the Atom HE from a dealer who either didnā€™t have stock or hadnā€™t ordered in extra for stock, Naim were quoting 12 weeks lead time back in July.

1 Like

Thanks for the info Richard.

:+1:t2:

I guess they have a good idea what will be shifting quickly and pre-ordering , a prudent policy .

For me a Nait2 for backup :grin:

3 Likes

I have a 72 & a 140ā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

I have two 72s and a 140!

Uk dealers got all the first Atom HE units; we then moved to supply units worldwide, including supplying a huge US order for 115V units.

The well-documented component shortages mean we canā€™t make as many as quickly as weā€™d like, but we expect that to improve. We know many people are waiting and are doing everything to get them their handmade products.

Also worth noting that Atom HE has exceeded all expectations in terms of demand. By year end, even with production challenges, we are on course to make four times the quantity of this award-winning system than was originally forecast.

10 Likes

Thanks for the info Clare.

:+1:t2:

2 Likes

Monday will mark 31 weeks since placing my Nova order.

Except today Iā€™ve cancelled the order and requested the deposit be refunded as my patience has well and truly been exceeded especially in light of Naim saying at no time have lead-times been anywhere near this long which is clearly not the case.

Extremely poor experience.

That is really sad. Especially being ā€œso close to the fireā€ as I believe you live in the UK?

I am so sorry to hear this, James. I will ensure your message is shared and heard.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear that James. I did try my best for you but the situation being what it is I could not get any promises.

2 Likes

This puts my waiting 8 weeks (so far) into perspective.

Assuming youā€™re in the UK, look for Tom Graham at Peter Tyson, he has some stock of the Nova and good chap. Tell him Nav with the 705s referred you.

1 Like

James,

This is disappointing news.

I ordered an Atom HE and Focal Clear MGs on 1st June. The headphones arrived at the dealer 7 weeks ago. I only picked them up today; theyā€™re currently running in plugged into the headphone jack of a Macbook Air - not the initial experience I wantedā€¦

The national retailer Iā€™m buying the Atom HE from has had very frustrating conversations with Naim. They have been promised the end of July, mid-August, end of August and now today Iā€™ve been told it may be October.

I contacted Naim direct this week and had a very sympathetic conversation with one of the technical guys (I was unaware it was a Technical Help only number until it was answered). He suggested he may be able to speak to the sales rep concerned about reaching out to the dealer; as far as Iā€™m aware that hasnā€™t happened.

However, this morning when I collected the headphones from the retailer, they said that they really didnā€™t expect the Atom HE to be popular. How wrong they were. As @Naim.Marketing has said above, the demand has been high. And demand for one product obviously has an impact on a manufacturerā€™s other lines.

I think itā€™s great that Naim staff are passing information to the forum, but I have to remind myself that only a tiny proportion of customers use this space. My father who has been waiting for his ND5 XS 2 for nearly 5 months is of the generation where he wonā€™t complain and, is of the opinion it will be delivered when itā€™s ready. My patients would have run out months ago. Maybe Naim could inform customers directly through their website as to the issues and lead times. Some companies have prominent homepage banners alerting customers to manufacturing or logistical problems. Perhaps the Connections blog could be used to good effect.

James, I hope you find an agreeable solution to your woes; there are some truly great products out there. I was listening to a NAD M33 today. A great sounding silver and black box.

Daz

1 Like

Good luck with the Atom HE, it sounds like itā€™s a hit for Naim.

It certainly crossed my mind over the last few months as new products were being released though Naim claim to have production bays that can switch quickly between productsā€¦ I recall reading that some years agoā€¦ but Iā€™ve no idea if the supply constrained components are shared with the Atom HE. If they are delaying some orders to meet demand of a new product at the expense of existing customers and their orders then whoever made that decision made a poor one.

I can only presume someone manually messes with the order priority and does it badly. But guess Iā€™ll never know the reason for discrimination against my order.

The ā€œtalk to you dealerā€ message only works if the dealers are given accurate information or given sufficient information to set a realistic expectation.

I donā€™t have a problem if the order is another month or two months. I do have a problem being repeatedly told itā€™s another 3-4 weeks every time I chase. Repeatedly being misinformed is dreadful. Itā€™s pointless to chase endlessly so I cancelled. Richard kindly tried to influence Naim from this forum but clearly no one at Naim thought to communicate anything further to me directly or via the dealer.

Thing is this will be going on for 1-2 years they say. Chasing components now is like the stock market with components (semi conductors mainly)going up in price 10-20x. You can find 100pcs here and there and itā€™s a day to day race. Completely impossible to plan production in such a world.

1 Like

Of you are in the UK then phone round the dealers- I know of one that had SCDR stock a month ago. Forum rules prevent nomination.