Outdoor Summer HiFi

It all looks a little retro to be honest. I think I may have had the item in the 2nd image myself at some point in the 90s. I was hoping for something to integrate into my Naim setup, guess I’m reaching.

Maybe this is an option?

LS50 Wireless II is more than a high-performance loudspeaker; it’s the perfect all-in-one speaker system, streaming from any source thanks to wireless compatibility with AirPlay 2, Chromecast and more, plus wired connections for your TV, games console and turntable. Great sound, no strings attached.

Or even the smaller…

The convenience and connectivity of wireless. The emotion and detail of true high-resolution stereo. And all from a compact system designed to fit almost anywhere. Kef LSX is the speaker system for the way we listen today.

Anyone tried either of those speakers?

The only thing that will integrate into your main system would be another Naim streamer using multiroom. I don’t think that will reflect the quality of your ND555, rather I think you would be better off using whatever digital material you use for the main system direct into whatever streamer you choose for your outdoor setup.

Of course, another option is to use your ND555 via an analogue output from your preamp into a second amp. This would only work if the cable run wasn’t too long, and is a less common thing now that multiroom streaming is commonplace.

That’s what I suggested above. Also see my post re: using the Naim QB as a stereo pair, which is possible as long as your source supports Chromecast.

Hi n-lot, I’m sorry I’m seem to have skipped over your post, all the more embarrassing as we seem to be like minded on this matter. No budget really, just after some good garden sounds. I think the Kef speakers accept Ethernet as a wired option which could run from my Naim systems rather underused English Electric Ethernet switch. This would be ideal as there would be high bandwidth tracks available without dropout.

1 Like

How about the Dali Zensor 1 AX with analogue input.

You could get a used Uniti Qute that will mulitroom wirelessly and connect it to a pair of suitable speakers.

Also watch the Naim product launch next week.,

I don’t think a Naim baseball cap will cut it Mike :crazy_face:

2 Likes

…or cut a hole in your wall, insert some Bi-folding sliding doors, and turn your speakers around to face your terrace/patio.

Price wise, not that expensive for what you will get. It’s the perfect outdoor listening experience…almost. :blush:

2 Likes

I had a party once with my speakers in the garden, giving the best sound I have heard from a hifi system ever:

As you’ll note from that, the amp and source remained indoors, just the speakers outside. I pulled thin plastic bags over tge speakers to keep out dew or unexpected rain, which made negligible dofference to sound. However I’d be wary of having wood veneer speakers outdoors in the British climate for any extended period of time.

Aside from all that, an issue with playing music outdoors is disturbance of neighbours. My solution with the party was to invite them, but otherwise with immediate neighbours I would never play music outdoors (and windows are tight shut when playing indoors). We have some inconsiderate neighbours a few doors up the street who often have people round in the summer, playing music outside, and it is very annoying as when they do that they destroy our peace and quiet if we’re sitting in the garden.

Get a pair of Devialet Phantom’s…

Hi Facefirst thanks for your suggestion but it looks like these are Bluetooth which is what I’m trying to get away from due to poor sound quality and drop outs. I’m after something that offers a wired connection and stereo pairing or true stereo speakers.

1 Like

They’re so loud you won’t care! And they’re network too afaik

Have a look at the Audio Pro range. They do a variety of wireless (&BT) options and I can testify they sound great. I bought my brother the small T3 and it’s impressive. I think you can use them as stereo pairs too.

Hi Arnsider, these look interesting, integrate with Apple HomeKit and play via WiFi. I couldn’t see if they could make up a stereo pair though.

I thought that some of them are configurable or even bought as pairs, I may be incorrect however.
Might be worth an email to them if they appeal.
Their sound quality is really very good from small boxes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.