P8 or P10

It’s probably the arm. The P6 has a tweaked version of the RB330 whereas the P8 has a higher performance arm altogether, the RB880. I’m finding the Ania really good; no complaints.

I am very happy with my decision and cannot wait for delivery. I appreciate what is being said about the Apheta 3 and the P6, a combination I did not audition. Anyway, being “shallow” I love the look of the p8 vs P6 :grin:

2 Likes

Yep same hear I’ve got no complaints against it as with all things in life there’s always a better option but at a cost… Its up to the individual to decide is it worth it at that extra cost

1 Like

Docbot… I’ve had my P8 for a few months now and couldn’t be more pleased. got it from audiobarn too …Jack is top man.i had an Ortofon Bronze 2m fitted… really pleased.

1 Like

Has anyone here encountered that the platter suddenly stops spinning?
My P8 has done this in three separate occasions.

At the first time I thought it was the record, because it was a brand new record.
I have read about this on other forums as VinylEngine and Steve Hoffman.

It seems to affect P6 and P8 users with the Neo PSU and it has something to do with the 33/45 switch.

I have now contacted my dealer and this will be sorted out. A side from this, the P8 is a great TT. Love it! I have got a whole new record collection. :slightly_smiling_face:

My P8 new in March did the same, dealer swopped the Neo and it’s been fine since.

1 Like

Looking good, enjoy!

1 Like

Not heard yet ? No first impressions?

1 Like

Its on Santas List Enjoy !!!

1 Like

Awaiting delivery of mine,ordered 3 weeks ago,enjoy!

1 Like

…the only down side to the day being that I managed to take 2 chunks out of the faceplate of my brand new 250DR with the edge of Fraim glass in the rebuild which will now need replacing at a cost of £300…still kicking myself at the stupidity…Ouch! :frowning:

1 Like

…also the P10 white felt mat is lighter than the black felt mat on the P8 platter and tends to stick to and come away with the LP and end up on the floor which is bit annoying (being white). Must learn the correct technique for de-vinyling following play… :thinking:

I would certainly get the P10 off the glass, as they dont like glass.
But its a great turntable, easy to live with and sounds fantastic, just need the aura to fully max it out.

I use my RP10 on a Fraim and it sounds wonderful. Are you saying that the Planar 10 is different here?

I dont know about the rp10, but for sure the P10 and The P8 i had before sounds better off glass.
Rega themselves dont recommend you sitting it on glass, not sure why, but on the rega sites it seems that most agree.
Plus i was at a rega open day, demonstrating the rega products at hifi lounge, and the guy from rega also suggested that the rega P10 that was sitting on top at the time on a fraim, would be better if it wasnt on the glass.
But they sound wonderful and the difference is slight, like most things, but it can make it sound a bit cold and as the guy above was saying he was finding it a bit like this, i just thought he might want to try removing the glass and sit it straight on the wood, thats as long as the feet work ok like this of course.
Cheers dunc

Interesting. I ask because I know that the Fraim doesn’t usually act like other glass shelved racks. Thanks Dunc.

I guess the only real answer is try it, if it makes no difference then fine.
But i have never had a fraim, yes i have 10mm glass, ball and cups etc, but its not fraim like i said, so i can only go with what i found.

…as the night falls and the AC current juices come out to play & start to flow more freely, on the Fraim the P10 is really starting to sound rather wonderful…which says a lot for the Nova!

Great and enjoy.
Dig out all the old vinyl, thats what i did, its a great turntable and really pulls all the details out the grove

:+1: