Paris 2024

You are right. Maybe the fault of our french journalists who talk regularly about the number of french medals.

As there is a home advantage for the French team, I suspect that you will finish higher than us FR. I’m just enjoying it while it lasts!

3 Likes

@frenchrooster - you may be a nation of culinary gold medalists but you also eat Sausage Andouille :nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

That was an absolutely bizarre race. Knowing nothing about the finer points of sailing it was mad at the end with the Dutch initially misplacing the finishing line & then watching others just sail across - only to just scrape in ahead of the French pair to win gold?!?

1 Like

I ordered this by mistake about 10 years ago. I’m still in shock ! Made worse by the fact Mrs Si had a beautiful stew - so I had food envy on top :joy::joy:

1 Like

One of my favourite meal.

Andouillette AAA sauce moutarde
IMG_3085

With that athletes would not complained about the Olympic food, as they do. :grin:

3 Likes

…tripe and intestinal-tract sausage has no place on a dinner plate :rofl:

2 Likes

Bryony Page - trampoline Gold! :uk:

BZ👍🏻

4 Likes

I watched her routine on BBC website. Astonishing.

2 Likes

From Crewe. All the best people are from Crewe :innocent:

Didn’t see this live, but the different classes have complex rules. Women’s Skiff has its page on the site which attempts to explain the sailing. The Dutch took the wrong course at the end and recovered to win!
https://paris2024.sailing.org/2024/08/02/olympic-sailing-2024-dutch-delight-as-van-aanholt-and-duetz-win-first-paris-2024-sailing-gold-in-womens-skiff/

1 Like

Watched this match this morning. No comment.
( When Teddy Riner won, this happened).

IMG_3087

My favourite French drink on hot days:

5 Likes

I see the show jumpers won team gold. Far from my cup of tea but it’s obviously a great achievement.

2 Likes

Now owned by the Japanese (whisky maker Suntory), along with that most British of soft drinks, Ribena.

2 Likes

Not to mention, Lucozade as well.

What’s the world coming to? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Here in the UK we put our hands together in prayer before eating.
We didn’t used to have to do this when we were part of the EU.

6 Likes

She is NOT male.
She is female but happens to have 46,XY SRY- genetics.
This does not make her male, (amongst other things, she lacks the SRY gene).
Algeria does not allow people to be legally transgender or change their sex assigned at birth, and she was assigned female at birth.
Attacking an intersex woman like this is inappropriate.

3 Likes

Gabriel Medina, surfing, OG 2024. Impressive picture.
IMG_3089

1 Like