Paris 2024

I agree about the chances of swimming medals. If it was the same in track and field there would be, for example:
100 meters running forward.
100 meters running backwards.
100 meters hopping.
100 meters skipping.

I was even watching “artistic swimming” yesterday so why not the 100 meters Silly Walks"

5 Likes

Good Olympics. The greatest performance was undoubtedly Gaby Logan.

1 Like

I’m told it’s the last day today. Thank the Lord for that.

1 Like

Best quote, Steve Backley as the Pakistani javelin thrower hurled a huge one ‘Ooo, he’s sent that on holiday’.

Bruce

3 Likes

That reminds me of Harry Kane.

She’s such a knowledgeable and beautiful woman, as is Jess Ennis Hill.

3 Likes

Re your final para: well said!

Bet all athletes are looking forward to LA in July! :hot_face:

1 Like

What a lovely Lady she is. She does not seem to age at all perhaps she has a painting in the attic.

She is Smart, articulate, lovely personality, inspirational and beautiful what’s not to like.

I hope she will be successful in her new role surely she can inspire a new generation of athletes.

4 Likes

Great enthusiasm for the victory of the wonderful Italian volleyball girls: Italy-USA 3-0 and gold medal! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Sifan Hassan, superstar!

1 Like

On pundits I thought Laura Kenny was the absolute pick of the bunch. Forensic knowledge of the sport and the enthusiasm of a teenager. Fantastic. She’s probably still talking.

5 Likes

Watched France/US yesterday, basketball . The Americans were better. No contest.
But the hero of the show was Stephen Curry. Incredible. The number of successful throws from a long distance was phenomenal. Without him the score could have been different.

Basketball’s a strange game. Hundred’s of points scored only to end up with a victory by a couple of points. It’s a great game to play though.

2 Likes

I like the speed. Many sports are much faster than football.

1 Like

Wow…bad day?

It’s frustratingly repetitive I find. Points are too easily come by.

An attack on women’s sports . Nothing less.

2 Likes

Oui, Le Nnon.

1 Like

GB Gold Medals. 14 is the lowest since Athens 2004.

Reasonable haul of other colours. It’s Gold that makes you a star, however.