Path to phase out n272

Fair enough. I thought of the ND5XS2 but went for the NDX2 and I’m glad I did. With the 555DR it’s a great source and works well with the SN3.

Good for you!! As it stands, I am so happy with the synergy right now, I can’t see me upgrading amps any time soon. The Ovators have just come to life again, maybe for the first time, so they just prolonged their stay. The streamer is the logical first to be up for an upgrade inspection in a year or two. It was a long time ago that I experienced such pure joy listening to music, maybe an intense live concert of Michel Camilo years ago.

By the way, I did add my old Ah offset killer again, after experiencing hum. All gone now. Could be the old wiring of the house we moved in. Thought worth mentioning, part of my current path.

I have been using the n272 as a source for a week now. Hopefully I can somewhat compare it to the ND5XS2 abilities soon when it arrives at house Rex.

Of course, the 252 is a tremendous step up, making me have to remember that I once chose the n272 for budget reasons mostly, since I don’t mind box count. If I could have then made the choice only on ears, I wouldn’t have had this upgrade/change wish now. Because wow…

I connected the n272 with a borrowed rca->din (chord) at first, changing mid week to an rca->rca (Audioquest). I didn’t think I would hear a difference, but in my opinion, I do. Is that possible? I very much favour the din connection.

Will update again when the new streamer arrives.

Minor ocd, covid boredom, hobby, anticipation… our new piano is on order since August (!), the new streamer and Quadraspire for a month now and I decided to draw it.

I’ll look at the render while listening to some Trane and wait…

Turntable is on the list for later this year.

1 Like

Is it a spot what’s not different competition, or see how many differences you can manage to keep track off?

A valid point! A blessing in disguise then. I am currently running with the 252/scdr instead of the n272 preamp section and am still in awe.

Make sure you budget for speakers!

Speakers? Who needs speakers?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.