Perfect album from an artist/group

Earlier on we had Hunky Dory, so two albums with Mick Ronson as lead guitar, he also produced this, I suspect Ziggy might turn up as well with Ronno on lead. A core part of some of the greatest albums.

4 Likes

Disraeli Gears - Cream. Everyone on top form.

5 Likes

I hope you enjoy Adam, I think it’s one of the great albums, the Band effectively invented Americana as a genre long before the name. If you love it, then do try the Last Waltz, their farewell gig where they have a few friends turn up, Muddy Waters, Dr John, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Van Morrison, Ron Wood, Ringo, Bob Dylan (and a few others), my favourite live album ever.

3 Likes

21 Likes

8 Likes

I’ve owned The Last Waltz on three-disc vinyl, two-disc CD, four-disc special edition CD, DVD-A, and MFSL SACD.

It was also turned into a film by Scorsese. I’ve owned that on videocassette, laser disc, DVD and Blu-Ray. I also saw it from the front row at the Ziegfeld Theatre when it premiered in NYC. The first words on the screen were, “This film should be played loud.” I always did.

Edit - Four fifths of The Band served as Dylan’s back-up band when he went electric in the mid-60s. That includes the (misnomered) Albert Hall Concert.

1 Like

Here are four albums that I believe are each the pinnacle of the bands/artists work …

41zrIHMqZrL

Of course it is a little subjective …

8 Likes

Eels have a few really strong albums but for me this one gets played weekly with never a track skipped.
Eels_-_Wonderful,_Glorious

5 Likes

I just don’t get the U2 one, that’s on me and will have to revisit, but remember buying it from Oxford Street and being singular disappointed with it all ends up.

It’s amazing isn’t it? For our farewell gig we’ll get some of the greatest singer songwriters of all time (Joni, Neil Young, Van Morrison, Neil Diamond), a master guitarist (Clapton), a Blues legend (Muddy), and then we’ll bring in Bob Dylan, and for the final number we’ll have everyone on stage and add a Beatle and a Rolling Stone. In case that’s not enough we’ll get Scorsese to film it.

2 Likes

I had to mention this, Bowie’s Ziggy. Every song is great, the structure of the album is perfect, the Spiders are a great band, and Bowie and Ronno’s guitar work perfectly as lead vocals. (Yes, I mean that Mick Ronson’s guitar shares lead with Bowie.)

14 Likes

“I’ve been Earing THIS for f*****g years, absolutely years…”

:wink:

2 Likes

question of state of mind.
DSOTM is literally a trip. If you (we) take the plunge, it will reward us.
the Final Cut its a more… easy approach on a daily basis

1 Like

I love this album. For some reason I can’t explain it’s a close thing between this and Northern Lights, Southern Cross.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love DSOTM, and also regularly play, particularly through spring and summer Dub and Dubber side of the moon by Easy All Stars

1 Like

I didn’t. :wink:

When I’m in the mood to relax I usually go to Meddle and WYWH.

When in the attack mode, The Animals/ The Wall.

The Final Cut it’s for … melancholy

DSOTM is … something else. A trip. To escape

4 Likes

Sorry, lazy figure of speech by me on the “don’t get me wrong”

2 Likes

Interesting choice as this was their one and only studio album they released.

I cant believe nobody has chosen a Jedward album… :rofl:

2 Likes

I think that this also fits the bill

16 Likes