Perfect album from an artist/group

I also couldn’t begin to pick where Tori peaked or did most sublime, again, female Prince, the quality is so consistent, so don’t think she has ever produced the perfect album. They are all so good, she started so well and then got better.

1 Like

My biggest regret to date is never seeing her live, amazing artist, her debut might be my favourite/ most influential / album ever.

1 Like

And then Miles pitched in on Tutu, my first Miles album, the rest is history, but I will always love Tutu.

1 Like

Absolutely sublime
Van the man

17 Likes

Not only have I seen her live, I shared this stage with her.

Briefly.

2 Likes

That was my second choice. I listened to Van singing with The Band on Cahoots yesterday.

2 Likes

My question was purely posed on when you think an artist nailed it. I put on AFTP by REM and just thought, could this have been any better. Obviously, if anyone thinks that it’s a crap album then cool. However , for me this album (and I was listening on vinyl) works on every level.

Each song links with the previous, the flow is exceptional, the next song you are “this is a great tune” there are no fillers etc.

In a selfish way I’m hoping to learn from others what they think meets this and I might find some new classics.

Hopefully that helps what I meant, nothing too serious but hoping to learn what others felt.

Thanks for asking for the reason behind the question, it’s definitely not a “best album ever” quiz.

2 Likes

Can I block you now :flushed:

Fortunately (for her) we didn’t duet.

It was part of an off-Broadway musical. Several audience members were invited on stage.

2 Likes

Quality

Rio, by Duran Duran would be worthy of consideration in this, in my childhood I was in the Spandau camp and not this one, but Rio is of it’s time near perfection.

Likewise picking a Sade album it tough, she has some discography:

Crowded House Woodface, another one of could it have been any better ?

4 Likes

Tempted to use a Vivian from the Young Ones response to that, but won’t, great experience!

7 Likes

Pfew lot of options! i’ll pick one…

13 Likes

I saw her ( with @Endon ) at Birmingham Odeon supporting her debut album and she was absolutely brilliant

1 Like

Difficult to pick any issue with this one

1 Like

It’s a bit of a guilty pleasure but Reckless by Bryan Adams is a great album from start to finish

2 Likes

Quite a few for me, but none more that this, when I first heard this album in my teens (8 or 9 years after release) I assumed it was a greatest hits, I was stunned when I realised a bit later it was “just” a “normal” album release. Some of the greatest songs ever penned, Carole King’s Tapestry.

28 Likes

That is an absolute beauty

1 Like

I think this might fit the bill - not a foot put wrong

19 Likes