Phonostage

My phonostage journey over the past 30 odd years has been as follows:

Dynavector P-75 → Linn Linto → Cyrus Phono Signature and PSXR2 power supply → Rega Aura.

Each step was a significant upgrade and my journey has now completed. There’s the Aura sitting top right.

8 Likes

scrumptious

1 Like

Very nice indeed.

1 Like

Why didn’t you go with the Linn phonostage urika?

1 Like

I had an aura…it was very very good.

1 Like

If you really want an end game phono stage, then go try some valve one’s.
I have i believe my end game phono stage now, the absolute stunning allnic h7000, now with an even better valve in the power supply.

1 Like

I auditioned Urika, Stageline, Superline, Roksan RPP and Aura over a 3 month period when assessing this final upgrade. The Aura was a clear winner.

1 Like

I use a Gold Note PH-10 (together with the additional PSU-10 power supply) with my P8/Apheta 3 with excellent results. In addition to the sound quality it’s controlled via a single knob (and display) on the front, making it eminently easy to make adjustments on the fly. It has a number of gain levels and load options to enable a correct match to virtually any cartridge.

1 Like

How do you find it with the power supply?
I run it without the power supply and was toying with getting the upgrade.

I found it to be a massive upgrade, very worthwhile.

1 Like

I’ve seen a couple of Superlines going online for £1600 and €1500 plus shipping respectively. Super bargains are to be had.

Installed a Allnic H1202 phono stage in my system on sunday. Had a Parks Audio Puffin before. Huuuge upgrade. So much more clarity, dynamics, microdetails etc than before.

Use more money that you can afford in a phono stage if you play a lot of records. It is worth the money. You gotta pay to play.

3 Likes

I use a Rega Aria, very happy with it.

1 Like

TomTom Audio have a Stageline S for sale at £300. I have no idea if that would suit your Rega cartridge. But I’m sure that James Allney there could find you different boards, if necessary.

Of course, it may be be a lot cheaper to fit internal 523 (?) boards to your NAC252.

Would they fit?

No, they won’t fit as the NAC252 won’t take the old internal phono boards.

Whereas all of the previous NAC’s can … :open_mouth:

Thought so.

With my P10, Apheta-3 and 252 I had an Aria, then a SuperLine, and for all the love people have for the Aria, I found the SuperLine so much better in combination with the 252. Of course it’s much more expensive as well but I got a great used one that wasn’t. Don’t believe the nominal loading values though. I use the 500R and 1 nF with the Apheta-3.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I assumed that they were interchangeable. They say that every day is a schoolday.