Photos of your listening room / music collection

My room doubles as an office:

CDs are in the room next door and all ripped to the Core.

15 Likes

39 Likes

Nice to see your Ono Box again!
She’s in her rightful position :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Could it not be considered a contraction in this case rather than possessive?

In older English a full stop could be put under a superscript “s” to be an acceptable contraction.

1 Like

NAS behind TV

9 Likes

Two versions of a photo of my listening room appear in the still-current thread Pics ‘From the Listening Position’ [link]! which a search should easily have found. As for music collection, I don’t have a photo, but this one is pretty near identical:

5 Likes

Hear, hear!
I have the impression that the apostrophe is misused in this manner far more than it is used correctly. I don’t understand why, as it is easier not to use it at all, and probably absence of required apostrophe is more common than its required use, yet people insist on displaying their ignorance by using it wrongly!

1 Like

Specially built like a music studio with live end/dead end, all acoustically treated, reflective behind speakers, absorptive behind listening position (fiber boards 5 layers deep hung from fishing wire to stop bass resonance and boominess) speaker and power wires in PVC tubes in concrete subfloor - spearate isolated power supply just for electronics. About 650 LPs and 160,000 digital tracks. Linn Sondek with Naim Aro and Linn Kandid, Graham Slee Accession Phone Stage, ATI Class D 6*200 WPC Power amp, Custom built Linkwitz Orion Speakers, Mirius Pro digital, and Lumin D2 streamer. The room treatment is one of the most important factors.

18 Likes

Yes, yes, but tell us about the bar :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Same staffing levels as my local.

1 Like

That’s impressive, Andy. Not just the sheer number, but also the tidiness and order with the shelving.

3 Likes

I think I can see some old Heybrook HB1s. Do they still work?

Ran mine in the 80s and 90s, great fun and enjoyment.

2 Likes

Yes they do indeed - the baffle rubber perished so I sealed them with B&Q translucent bathroom sealer and they sound great.

They are powered by a NAD 3020B with QED 75 cable.

2 Likes

Congratulations for the impressive collection and the nice SG!
Can I ask you how many CDs you have on display? Also how long did it take you to build your collection?

2 Likes

There are about 6,000 on display in three rooms in the house.

I have an excel spreadsheet macro with each CD barcode zapped giving a unique number. I put that number in the spreadsheet press the find button on the macro and it will tell where the CD is located “top section - third rack - dining room” or Box 19 - loft.

The Loft! There are another 24 sealed boxes of CDs in the loft. Fortunately the whole collection has been ripped onto servers and I mainly buy downloads now.

I started collecting in 1985 and was lucky travelling the world and visiting some great shops - plus working in London I could spend a lunchtime browsing and buying.

I nearly lost half the collection when my wife left me and her solicitor wrote a letter saying as part of the divorce settlement my wife wanted half the CD collection - she didn’t even have any interest in the music… such is life, we forgive but we don’t forget.

16 Likes

Wow, your collection is even more impressive than I initially thought and an Excel spreadsheet is compulsory to manage it. I’m glad that you didn’t loose your entire collection, I’m sure it means a lot to you.

Downloading music is easier, however a real CD collection has more charm without a doubt. Having a physical media in your hands has no price. You could have kept doing that, but it’s just my opinion.

4 Likes

A range of 100+ bottles of fine Scotch and select Bourbons … to provide reflectivity of the sound behind the speakers. Also the baffle boards in the corners with 4"*4" blocks of random height.

1 Like

@Mitch should be interested by Mikebr scotch and whiskey collection.
And his impressive system would be nice to be posted here .

2 Likes

Now that’s a serious collection/dedication there. :open_mouth: :+1:

1 Like

When ripped it doesn’t look so pretty.

11 Likes