Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Wonderful room for listening. I like your Acoustic wall panels. They look much better than most ragged diffusers. They Are they from Vicoustics or another brand? Are you satisfied with them?

Sorry to hear that your not enjoying the music so much at the moment. I think even my current slight(?) obsession with comparing kit springs from the after effects of Covid lockdown. I am not travelling and we are not going out to mass events as we once did. I need something to fill my time and my mind. Having this spare kit waiting to be sold some time, allows me to indulge my what ifs and keep me occupied. I hope your circumstances change for the better and the music takes it normal place.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this Khan. I think most of us go through periods where for some reason nothing seems to quite gel. In my experience it can sometimes be due to some obscure set-up issue rather than actual components or cables. My advice - dismantle the whole system and try re-installing it from scratch, paying very careful attention to things like cable dressing, equipment supports and speaker stands/positioning. Good luck and let us know how you get on if you decide to try it.

2 Likes

Hi Wilfried yes they are acoustic panels from acupanel behind them are batons and 75mm of acoustic rocwool basically got rid of most bad effects from the alcoves.
with these in place the depth of the stereo image is quite staggering considering its not naims strength

@JonoB thanks for asking. Appreciating speakers is always very personal since the affect sound-signature so much. After running Naim and Focal speakers, I was looking for something “less in the face” yet with super tonality and timing. For me Sonus Faber brings that. They have very “silky” treble, neutral mids and very well defined bass. When I auditioned, I also listened Kef, Focal Sopra, Vivid and ProAc, but to y ears the SF’s stood out. I have a quite large listening room but had no need for the Olympica V and instead choose the III’s. Important to know is that I have done a full acoustics treatment in y house with the help of a sound engineer. For the moment I keep my speakers. On the longer term I will either look at Amati’s or the stunning Wilson Sabrina X.

Good luck on your choices. Let us know !!

Iver

1 Like

Hi Cooky Thank you for sharing. These are good looking and living room friendly products with obviously positive effect on room acoustics. I have ordered elements from GIK Acoustics for my Listening Room some days before and am excited to see the results - if you are interested Click here

First one since all the updates…

…complete with one of the Kittens toy mice :mouse2: :joy:

16 Likes

Little Fella’s in the bath so quiet listening on the study system - position compromised by Thomas and Friends. Does seem to tighten the bass tho!

31 Likes

Which tracks are you playing?

G

19 Likes

Sleeper.

2 Likes

Chattanooga choo choo :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Train kept a rollin’

3 Likes

I’d go for Ives’ Celestial Railroad.

3 Likes

Maybe your NAC is pining for her NAP?

3 Likes

Parallel lines by Blondie

4 Likes

Laying on the floor and listen to Charlie Haden.
I need longer cables.

3 Likes

What you actually need are bigger speakers. You can not trick physics. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Saturday afternoon just Archie and me

26 Likes

X3s like me.
Classic bargain that doesn’t happen often. :heart_eyes: :+1:t2:

1 Like

:grin: yes but my wallet doesn’t want it. Besides I’ve just got my NAP 135s singing with Furutech DPS4.1 LE power cables.

1 Like