Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Excellent socks there!

2 Likes

@Veltliner

Love the Soundmatters. I have gifted several of the Soundmatters “Moment” bluetooth speakers. I actually read about it in Michael Framer’s Stereophile column several years ago. The website appears to have product now. I had heard that the designer passed away.

1 Like

Living room setup. Enjoying Till Bronner. Just sold the Linn 242s today and installed a set of Tekton Pendragon SEAS until I find my “forever” speaker. The Tekton’s are a great match for the Naim setup, just a shame they are big and butt ugly.

26 Likes

Room looks great I’ve always thought the bigger the speaker that better they sound. I know it’s not always true but I definitely think it helps with the bass.

2 Likes

Thanks Pete.

I would agree in the past about size but have certainly heard some smaller speakers providing a lovely bass. One was a Swedish company that makes small speakers out of solid wood on a floating pedestal ( can’t remember the name unfortunately) and also the Amphion 7LS which uses passive radiators and goes deep. Tekton’s are not known for their elegance, cabinetry and these are on the smaller side for them.

2 Likes

Was it the Swiss company, Boenicke, by any chance? At least one forum member has a pair if so:

1 Like

That’s physics for you!

1 Like

It was indeed. I only heard them for a few minutes but impressed with the sound for such a small speaker.

2 Likes

Immediately to the right of my listening chair. A nice way to spend a Wednesday evening.

26 Likes

Playing with a rope ball ??? :wink:

Always! It’s the last line of defence from young children being less careful than required with the lounge door.

4 Likes

The Conversation is my goto reference for a nearly perfectly constructed and paced movie. Pacing being an art of film making that is nearly lost in the past 25 years.

2 Likes

Funny: I am reading this book too.

1 Like

I felt a bit shocked that i didn’t even know about this movie until last sunday. Paramount has quite a few classics in their portfolio

Sailorck and bsdmr2,
I’m currently reading Ted Gioia’s “History of Jazz”. It’s terrifically well-written and the scale of the research is formidable.
I also read his “The Honest Broker” blog and it’s very interesting too.
Best wishes,
Brian D.

3 Likes

28 Likes

My usual evening position!

With bigger speakers the pictures are now partially obscured and the TV not central to speakers but I like the big Pics where they are. Maybe a smaller TV at some point to centralise it…

26 Likes

Beautiful looking system - I reckon a slight move across with the tv and raising the pictures will suffice - but otherwise superb!

Can you move the racks behind you and better equalise the speaker positions relative to side walls? As well as improving the view that might centralise the screen between speakers.

2 Likes

That’s some thunderous looking bass generation you have there! Do you live in a house or an apartment ?

1 Like