Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Terrible pic, but couldn’t help myself. Have retired the NAP 100, and installed a NAC 202/NAP 200 pairing, with the NAPSC power supply, and a Stageline N. Using the old DAC V1 with fixed output for digital sources, but can’t stop playing vinyl at the moment, fantastic sound, even from cold :blush:. Next steps will be a Hi Cap, NAC A5 cables, and an upgraded cartridge - currently an aged Nagaoka M11 Boron. And eventually, a better DAC. Then I’m done, right? Right.

25 Likes

Gone from this which at least gave me some music, while PMC’s are at the factory.

To this set up and actually they’re doing an amazing job much,much better than using my surround speakers.
It’s only the slight tonal and efficiency differences than make it sound a little off but so surprised how these sound in my system, just for clarity the left channel is a Monitor Audio GS centre speaker, the right one is a PMC centre speaker , in fact two PMC centre speakers and a couple of Rel subs would be a very interesting combo🤔

9 Likes

I’ve often wondered what two Center speakers would sound like together.

I’ve never wondered that. Why would you?

1 Like

Curiosity? The recording engineer I bought my SL2sfrom said the Axess (sp?) was the best speaker he had ever heard. I have seen a handful of systems online over the years with two N-cents or two Axesses

Fair enough.

Glass of wine, a little cheese, the new Philip Glass Solo album. Mrs HH cooking dinner. Perfect.

35 Likes

Such elegance young man!

1 Like

I’m not totally surprised that the centre speakers sound so good they are both high quality speakers designed to reproduce vocals and to be honest they both do that and more very successfully, it’s a shame the voicing is slightly different and their efficiency’s vary slightly.
In fact the PMC centre to my ears sound better on the midrange than my 26’s, they obviously don’t have the bass response of the 26’s but they are very detailed have superb prat, they just sound right, shame my son has my old subwoofer would of been interested to put that into the mix.
I’m thinking 2x pmc centre speakers, couple of pmc subs could be just the job🤔

Nice vase. What make is it?

It’s Moorcroft

I’m sure someone will have asked you this on here before, but is that a Farrow and Ball colour on your walls, Nigel?

It is indeed. Fawn.

Thanks, it looks perfect in your room.

Thanks, thought it was. Have a few myself.

Russia caught my eye too. I haven’t read it, though I enjoyed his Stalingrad.

Feet up with a cup of tea on a Sunday morning.

51 Likes

How do they sound at low and very low volume levels?

Would you say what your system and rack are please?

Difficult to know what you define as low and very low but suffice it to say anything below just before 9 is not ideal. Volume on my 552 is set here and is ideal for me:

10 Likes