Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Starting to figure out the Ovators.

29 Likes

I thought it was time for an update on my post from earlier in the year:

Mains supply and surround speakers installed and new speaker cable arrived today - I tried various Chord cables but ended up buying longer lengths of Tellurium Black II, again. Even from new, this cable has the neutrality I like. I think the room is optimised now and music (and Atmos films) sound great. Time to start planning for a better streamer.

With lots of holes in the walls and ceilings, decoration is next on the list and we have a ‘deconstructed’ shelf unit coming - oak and raspberry red! Thought it was time to bring back some colour.

30 Likes

System looks good, love the corner suite as well, can I ask what make it is, something like that would be ideal in our lounge, sorry for the drift.

2 Likes

Hi @silverback - thank you.
The suite came from Natuzzi - it was the showroom model so we had a large discount. I particularly like the fact the backs can be raised manually but when down give a low profile. We wanted one for years but it just wouldn’t have fitted our previous home. Happily I had the doors reversed so we can get in!. Did try it rotated but this made the room feel unbalanced.

2 Likes

Needed a bit more heft…and these are gorgeous! Better for the volume of our room.

Planning changes for a few months now. It’ll be a few weeks yet to completion.

G

21 Likes

Once again… :joy:
You are also non-stoppable :blush:
Bigger PMC? Never heared them but heared a lot of good things. Can they be placed so tight to the rear wall?

2 Likes

Last night. Faithless at Roundhouse , London . It was epic in every way

30 Likes

Last Friday.
Hundreds - in schanzenzelt (circus tent). Local electronic-pop band.
Unbelievable good!
If you don’t know them - you have to listen

5 Likes

Love the roundhouse. Saw Eels there last.

1 Like

First visit but great venue and will be returning.

2 Likes

New layout for us. NC200 system and the ever faithful Gyro SE.

33 Likes

Are they the 23s Graeme ? I take it you’re still passive rather than the new active versions ?

Whichever approach, they look good.

2 Likes

Twenty5.23i and passive, James.

Thanks.

G

1 Like

Thanks Graeme. I have a soft spot for PMCs so it’s always nice to see them on the forum.

1 Like

I’ve had TB2, FB1, AB2, Twenty.23, Twenty5.21i and now these over the years, so I guess I have a soft-spot too!

G

2 Likes

42 Likes

Looking at your speakers… reminds me of:

33 Likes

Another seismic user! Did you find them to be transformative?

Without the speakers and the socks it could be a frame from a movie… No irony, It’s a beautiful perspective.
Aren’t you distracted by the view?

Ummagumma