Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

You can’t beat a night in with a game of Yahtzee.

2 Likes

Hi Nog,
Does that happen to be a Hitachi music centre?
The little push draw in the middle would open up to show some small plastic wheels. Cannot remember what they did. Maybe like a small graphic equaliser.
I think you are right with the age. My father had his from 1973 matched with a pair of Celestion Ditton 15XR.

1 Like

Yes it was an Hitachi.

What a coincidence he also had a pair of Celestion 15XR’s,

He replaced the Hitachi with a Nait 1 and a Rega 3.

1 Like

And a wonderful music system too!

My mate had one and you are right - found this pic.

IMG_9157

10 Likes

House to myself at the moment so the Guru’s on bombastic duties with Anathema’s Weather Systems soaring from the Ifi Stream and MX-Dac.

Following on from some rather more sedate Rodrigo, via the CDx2.2.

22 Likes

Popped to the garage to watch the football…I should centralise the speaker…

5 Likes

In the top cabinet SPL Director mk2, down Naim Cd5si and other things behind the doors… And ATC 40A!

23 Likes

A couple of listening positions over the last couple of days

12 Likes

Who are these people?

1 Like

There’s a clue in the banner in the third pic :wink:

1 Like

Looks like Russel Crowe.

2 Likes

One of them was Maximus Decimus Meridius😝

4 Likes

That was my first thought, but I dismissed it.

1 Like

Performed with his band

2 Likes

Today I was at my local dealer to check out his new store. We listened to Dali speakers using a Macintosh Pre and power amp. The source was a Hifi Rose streamer. I had never heard any of these before, I came away quite impressed. The speakers are around 6k Canadian, and have dual tweeters, ribbon and a dome together, quite unique.

18 Likes

Those are the Opticon range from Dali. I have the wall mounted Opticon LCR Mk2 with that dual tweeter in an ATMOS set up. I had always sort of looked askance at Dali before but they produce a very smooth top end. The dome is basically standard tweeter response and the ribbon is basically a semi super-tweeter.

1 Like

Years ago (2015), I heard Dali Rubicons with Rega Elicit-R amp at the Bristol Show. Thought it was one of the best things in the show and it was commented on in reviews afterwards.

1 Like

Sonus Faber - lovely. You don’t see too many photos of them on this forum. They produce many fantastic speakers. I “only” have the Olympica Nova 2 my self. But I can imagine what a lovely system you would have. Congrats to that!

1 Like

Still very happy with my Rega, Linn and Dynaudio set-up … :smiling_face:

32 Likes