Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Thanks for your kind comment. I’m fortunate to have a large and well laid out room acoustically for them, replaced B&W 804d’s that didn’t quite do it. I find most SF speakers striking to look it.

2 Likes

What a lovely looking straightforward system that is. Very nice indeed :+1:

3 Likes

Last night at Mr Frahm.

12 Likes

Thanks @Andyblain!

Where was that? He’s someone I’d like to see.

Cambridge Corn Exchange, he is touring currently in the U.K. Worth catching if you can but the current set is biased towards synths and sequencers rather than the simple piano pieces which I prefer of his work. Still enjoyable though if you can catch him. I would like to attend a workshop where it is demonstrated the actual effect of some of the knob twiddling he does just to see its impact on the soundscape. A one song, deconstructed, tour for nerds maybe next time :rofl:

2 Likes

Going Saturday in Dublin. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Indeed.

Here you go.

17 Likes

En route to New York

17 Likes

Only using 2 watts in class A gives plenty of volume.

31 Likes

Ooh, a Swiss :switzerland: Jewel :wink:

1 Like

I have no idea how Nagra sounds but it’s on my top 3 brands I would try out if I would change. LOVE the design. What did you have prior to Nagra Classic amp?

1 Like

I had a few lower level amps until I saved the money for the jump to this amp. I actually owned a Naim 272/XpsDr/250Dr a few years back.
Then I switched to a Nagra integrated, it blew up and the Nagra rep gave me what I paid for the integrated towards this amp.
I used a 5 channel Anthem amp in between here and there. Let’s see if I can find a photo of the Nagra integrated.

In this photo I was using an ND5XS2 into a Chord Mscaler/TT2 as a source…quite good.

15 Likes

Pops and I chilling to a few late night tunes

25 Likes

Zimmer vs Williams at Royal Albert Hall, simply stunning.

28 Likes

DAC-V1 back in place in the office setup. Nice little combo this… Qobuz sounds great…

17 Likes

Always charming to find a dog that has a pet name for its human. :wink:

2 Likes

I have the Ruarks too on my desktop. Elevated on short stands to nearer ear height, they sound even better. And the addition of a sub took things s step further (but only because I had a spare sub laying about).

What about all that harrumphing about computer generated noise ruining the SQ😇.

Of course everything appears RFI shielded in die cast, machined aluminium :+1:.

I’ll get my coat.

ATB, J

1 Like