Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

The BB King all star blues band on Beale St. Memphis, Tennessee. Superb musicianship.

11 Likes

Chair envy is real here 8)

I ventured to a Ray and Charles Eames exhibition at The Barbican a few years back (just looked, almost 10 years!) I’m a very amateur fan of theirs. I did just order a Vitra EA117 as a work chair, after owning a nice enough, but nowhere near quality wise, copy for a number of years.

1 Like

That’s an excellent venue for Eames furniture.

1 Like

It certainly is.

1 Like

I am curious if you had considered the Vitus SIA-025mk2 as an option to the RI-101mk2 and if not, the reason?

I did consider it. I had a listen and it was very good. Very luscious sounding but in the end just a little bit too warm and a bit “soft” for my liking. It is very transparent but just has that lushness to the sound. Then again it’s 25 watts, pure class A granted.

As soon as I had the 101 in my system I knew it had the power, control and transparency that I was looking for. It also has a cavernous soundstage. The 101 also has the first 8 watts into 8ohms and 16 watts into 4 ohms, in class A.

I would say that the 25 and 101 are two very different amplifiers

Looking at the price difference between the 25 and the 101 made it a no brainer. I also got the integrated Streame/Dac ( which is excellent by the way) in the 101 and it was still less costly than the 25.

1 Like

My father owned the HM office furniture dealer in Seattle so I’ve ended up with some cool pieces along the way. Not a bad deal.

1 Like

Lazy late morning listening session during a fall rain storm. We’ve already had around 100mm and it’s still coming down! The Smile, Cutouts, on the Planar 6.

43 Likes

There are a few of you PNWers on the forum. What a lovely part of the world. My son lives in Woodinville with his wife and baby, so I go there every couple of months.

1 Like

Nice space Adikt, enjoy the atmospheric river!

1 Like

I grew up in Woodinville on Hollywood Hill! Small world!

1 Like

Never tire of looking at that view. Wonderful.
Thanks for sharing

BW
R

1 Like

Stage Side at the O2 London
Dream Theater 40th Anniversary Tour opening night.

18 Likes

Great view of the line array PA as well 8)

. . .

22 Likes

Do you use it?:thinking: The typewriter.

It’s Lego, so no!

4 Likes

Lovely, sensible, elegant and cozy…

2 Likes

What a great view!

Not posted for a very long time - but as I was sat with @QuickSticks - I thought I’d add a couple of “live” pics….

15 Likes