Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

great to see a muso on the thread - doesn’t dominate the room - almost thought there wasn’t a system in the room

1 Like

like you’re small Kef speaker set :ok_hand:

2 Likes

One of my favorite live albums. If not the one. The guitar work is fantastic and the songs are a complete rework from the Velvet Underground versions. I still listen regularly.

1 Like

Pic from my listening position last night:

Excellent sound quality!
Unfortunately my home isn’t large enough to instal there, so I have to make do with an aural illusion.

16 Likes

That’s all it ever is and can never replace the real thing

True, however close in being convincing it may be - but the real thing is impossible to have in the comfort of one’s own home, when and as often as one wants - and also comes with significant uncertainties. But great when it happens to be available and is a good one!

1 Like

That said I would never be without it though. It’s important for me to enjoy my favourite musical performances streamed, CD or on vinyl as well. I cranked up the LP12 today and it still sounds pretty good after a while to warm up and come on song.

5 Likes

And you mean the Rock n Roll Live album or the Lou Reed Live or both combined? I only have R&R Live, never knew there was any more

Pics from my listening position last night.

18 Likes

I seem to have started something…

2 Likes

My favourite live album along with Live Rust.
I saw Lou’s Rock n Roll Animal tour/set in Birmingham UK around ‘73.
Prakash John on bass and the two lead guitarists were phenomenal
I love the beginning with the Intro to Sweet Jane and then Lou walks on after a few minutes.
There is also ‘Lou Reed Live’ which features the other tracks from the concert.
Thanks for the reminder.

2 Likes

You’re lucky to have seen Lou Reed live. He’s one of the important artists of that time I have missed. Too bad.

I mostly listen to R&R Animal but both are great.

Yes that concert was his best in my opinion.
I saw him on a few other tours but disappointingly the final time in Sheffield about 10/15 years ago he was quite contrary and only played a couple (if that) of his best songs that everyone wanted!

I agree - Rock n Roll Animal is the one!

For some strange reason there doesn’t seem to be the same SQ on the Live album. Also Rock & Roll Animal is available in hi res and it sounds even better.

Totally agree Pete - Rock n Roll Animal is superb on vinyl - so vibrant -but the Live album just doesn’t grab me in the same way.
I’ve not tried it streamed but thanks for mentioning that.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

as a new Nova user I have registered here and would also like to show the listening position in our holiday home - in combination with the B&W 702 S3 speakers this is the sound image I wanted here.

Regards,
Frank

49 Likes

Welcome. :+1:

2 Likes

It is odd that there’s such a difference in sound quality considering it’s the same gig. The Live album just sounds flat guess it probably needs remastering as there shouldn’t be any difference