Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Specsavers definitely needed here, too, as not only does one speaker one look different from the other, but the same applies to feet as well. Or is it an interesting form of one-side-only slipper?

2 Likes

Superuniti, Powerline and Amphion Argon 7LS speakers.

22 Likes

But where is the Nait 2 @Sandy8? :wink:

Grown out of them, I mean it :wink:

Love the pictures with a musical and sporting theme. DSOTM and Seve and of course that iconic photo of Flintoff consoling Brett Lee at Edgbaston in 2005.

1 Like

Doing a bit of admin…with Metallica’s new one keeping my ears warm.

Cheers,

Ian

26 Likes

It was taking a nap at the time. I was going up the ladder but now I’m back to using it again in my vinyl set up. The person that sold it to me said if I ever sell it he would need the first chance at a buy back. I wonder if he’s still waiting 25 years later…

1 Like

Nice Friday afternoon :+1:

14 Likes

Looks like it’s becoming the poorly foot thread.

18 Likes

26 Likes

is that Doug Scott coming off the Ogre in the picture Ian?

Friday night is music night.

32 Likes

Well spotted; led by Clive Rowland. Clive is a good mate from the pub. The print is signed by both of them.

I can recommend Doug’s book about it and Clive released his memoirs last September in a book called ‘Towards the Ogre’ - also very good.

1 Like

Thanks Ian, I will check them out.

Yes, but one advantage of having to rest my foot is the amount of time I’ve been able to spend listening to music

2 Likes

How to you find this combo? Thinking of getting these with XS3

I just received a new to me pair of Amphion Argon 7LS speakers. I’m powering them with a Superuniti and Powerline and NACA5 speaker cables. I hadn’t read much in regard to Naim/Amphion pairing, except Amphion use a SN for voicing and testing, along with other manufacturers amps. I took a risk without having heard Amphion speakers. Really impressed with deep tight bass, smooth mids and highs with detail but not harsh. Sound stage is broad and instrument placement is very clear. I’m treble sensitive and get fatigue when listening to sharp speakers. These are so smooth. The treble is reserved and not as present as in other speakers but I still like the presentation.

4 Likes

:rofl:

31 Likes

Rather utilitarian look you’ve got going on there :smile: hope the chairs comfy?

2 Likes

Yes I hope I don’t do my back in during the testing :rofl: