Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

May I suggest a cushion or perhaps a pillow under your legs - wouldn’t like you to put to much strain on your ankles :joy:

there’s a lot to like about this picture!

2 Likes

20 Likes

Contortionist?!!! :rofl:

Who? Sandy8 minus 20 years :joy:

It’s more comfy than it looks :rofl:

1 Like

With one big, and one small leg, aren’t you prone to walking in circles?

Seriously though, that looks a nice comfy room to listen to music.

4 Likes

Hey @knaithrover, what’s the box to the right of your ClearAudio TT?

So it is, I missed it as I was looking at your speakers! That was a bit of an epic decent with 2 broken legs. Just dig deep and make it happen as there is no alternative!

As a fellow climber I knew Doug and his son Mike. He was quiet and modest and a lovely bloke.

1 Like

Prison system?

1 Like

I believe that’s Sun Zoom Spark. Consummate taste! :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I know Clive, and his son Will, very well; Will is on the Lochaber MRT and Clive, though unable to go to the hills any more, is always ready with a good story over a beer! I’ve seen Clive’s presentation on the Ogre expedition a number of times and Doug’s twice. In May '19, Doug came to our community centre, in Nairn, to talk about it and thanked Clive personally for saving his life; it was a very poignant moment. It was the only time I met Doug but he was, as you say, a lovely man and as a hillwalker, I consider it a privilege to have met and spoken with him. This is him signing the print that now hangs on the wall of my music room.

Cheers,

Ian

12 Likes

Now look ere Gobber :wink:

Next pictures I post will be when it’s all finished

2 Likes

It certainly is, classic Beefheart

1 Like

That’s a pimped PS1 I use as a cdp

1 Like

As in PlayStation?

Good for SACD? I have some that were ripped for me by a friend with a PS.

Indeed it is yes - I’d been reading about the audiophile abilities of the fabled SCPH 1001 version of the PS1 online for ages and came across this weird pimped version on eBay a few years ago. It’s been in my systems ever since apart from a brief period when the laser mechanism started becoming noisy and needed replacing (£16 brand new). Hard to describe how it sounds - best I can say is it’s very VERY analogue sounding.

1 Like

Never tried - I will now though!!

Well, I just bought one on eBay for £32.95, plus a basic RCA-Din cable for the same.
Let’s see what it’s like for under £70 for the whole solution :thinking: :crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like