Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

My son thinks this is what my wife and I will look like in years to come​:flushed::joy:

2 Likes

HH, Thankfully I don’t have OCD tendencies (note right painting is not level either​:flushed:) so can live with them off centre, no upset here. However I will in time look to moving the 222 to the top and hear whether there is any difference in sound :sunglasses:

5 Likes

:+1:

“Each of us lives, dependent and bound by our individual knowledge. All that is what we call reality. However, both knowledge and awareness are equivocal. Ones reality might be another’s illusion. We all live inside our own fantasies.”

2 Likes

After a lot of chopping and changing with the headphone system I use whilst reading …we ended up quite happily with a headphone Atom and the Meze Empyreans. That Meze silver headphone cord is the final piece of the puzzle…

I tried to break out but Naim always seems to get me in the end.

17 Likes

552 in for needed service, so 500 and sonus fabers unused. Nds RCA outs into Sennheiser headphone amp and their 800 headphones. No real complaints but the view from the listening position a little different.

20 Likes

20 Likes

Bit of Richard Thompson on the newly upgraded second system.

14 Likes

Laying on the couch listening to Calaxico, Tom Waits, Miles Davis and Kent.

10 Likes

Plus, the NC boxes need to be held front to back vs side to side with the new casing. I just cleaned and re-stacked my system. The NC250 is quite a bit heavier than the SCDR and the 250DR.

View from my study listening position.

Tim

14 Likes

Standing in my listening position to be after installing four ATMOS ceiling speakers (I`m glad that’s over - in hindsight not really a one person job). The hifi and AV stuff is all in boxes in the same room but I can’t put a timeframe on completion. House is barely functional. We have no furniture. I have to go to Belgium for a while. The universe is making it absolutely hard as possible to get any me time. Obviously I’m gonna have to paint those grilles to match the living room ceiling.

18 Likes

You’ll get there eventually.
At least you have a finished building now😊

1 Like

Gave the Cyrus x300 Sigs a one last go but they gel far better with Dynaudio than with PMC. Maybe there’s a pair of Heritage Specials in my not so distant future after all…

6 Likes

Great track you’re playing there, by the way

I tried to get my feet in the pic but got some frowns from the people around me :crazy_face:

Watching the amazing Matt Walters aka Reductio at Wells Cathedral. He was banging out tune after tune after tune. Listening to that organ is quite the experience. Highly recommended!

19 Likes

Went to a Pitchblack Playback event last week. It was Daft Punk Random Access Memories playing loud in a darkened listening room. SQ pretty good. Eye mask provided to cut out not dimmable lights from emergency exits.

I’ve never listened to Daft Punk as I’ve not really liked their singles, but perhaps I’ve been missing out as I liked the rest of the album. Overall a good experience.

2 Likes

22 Likes

Chilling. The hairy one is Johnny, our Patterdale cross Norfolk terrier. Bit of a character.

16 Likes

There is no instrument bigger, greater, more romantic, tender, lyric, poetic, impressive, … (insert any word here) … than the organ … except the human voice.

5 Likes

Gettin there :blush:

20 Likes