Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

@bhoyo the complex is almost 70 years old. No central AC. They will be replacing the windows and looked at central air or an in-wall sleeve. Both would be cost prohibitive to the co-op owners.

2 Likes

Mr Tibbs,

I love your Gales!

Many years ago, I had a pair, but in the much duller-looking wood finish. However, they still made a beautiful sound. At the time of buying, the dealer told me that Elton John used the chrome-ended Gales as his on-stage monitors. It will be interesting to see if any forum colleagues can confirm this.

Best wishes,

Brian D.

2 Likes

Those Gales :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Our speakers of choice :smiley:

1 Like

Our HiFi / surround sound system

37 Likes

Crikey :thinking:
I’ve read they were used as monitors by some studios because the midrange is particularly good, but the sealed-box bass arrangement means they need to be near a solid wall or corner or the bass goes missing. How did you find yours in that respect? Anyway, nice anecdote so thanks for that!

Wow, there’s some fire-power there!
“ We have the building surrounded. Come out with your hands up!”
Wonderful :blush:

4 Likes

An enjoyable afternoon streaming some new music…

30 Likes

Totally blown away by reel-2-reel! The Nordost QB10 and QKore also adds to the experience of “just the music!

45 Likes

Nothing left to chance then👍

1 Like

I just wonder how far you sit from those speakers? :astonished:

He starts 2ft away and by the end of the film he’s pinned against the back wall! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

My sitting position starts at 4 meters

2 Likes

Thank you, D*ck! Judging by the system driving them I am really surprise you’re sitting only a few meters away. Mind you, I suppose it wasn’t that difficult to find that sweet spot.
Enjoy it!:sunglasses:

1 Like

WH Spectre speaker cable, great cable love ours

1 Like

Hi Mr Tibbs,
Thanks for the answer.
I really liked the Gales, but I had traded up from a pair of very modest B&W D5 bookshelf speakers, so the Gales were my first real hifi speakers. As you suggest, they were fairly close to a back wall. I used them with an LP12, Naim 125 and 160. The next step up was to Naim 32.5, SNAPS, 250 and Linn Isobariks - so, a big step!
Best wishes,
Brian D.

1 Like

A pic from todays listening position:-

Port de Soller, Mallorca.
Astell & Kern SP1000M.
Campfire Audio Andromedas.
Ryan Adams -Gold, on Qobuz. Perfect…

15 Likes

Hello!
From today and tomorrow’s Tooloudfest (Zagreb, Croatia) I had a unique chance to listen to Naim new classic series’s and to meet Mr. Mark Raggett from Naim. He was presenting equipment and upgrade options. Thank You!
#tooloudfest 2023

41 Likes

Also from #tooloudfest Sound by Hari - Slovenia

19 Likes

Audio Alto

20 Likes