Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Mrs Bruss wants to watch something on the main TV at 5pm- how dare she!

So a spare PC screen and a firestick will have to suffice for the RWC. Sound through the Naim kit.

11 Likes

A bit of time with Scm11 in place of Ls50, less bass but more snap, punch and less restrained in mids.

24 Likes

It looks as though you’ve had a swap round. It looks good.

1 Like

Hardwood logs are known to tighten up the bass.

2 Likes

They were one of the speakers I auditioned back in 1975, and rejected within as totally unsuitable within the space of one track. After all this time I don’t recall anything specific about the sound, but something will have been substantially wrong. If the bottom end was missing or heavily curtailed that could well have been the cause.

What has system got to do with listening distance? System choice is often substantially based on sound quality, while optimum listening distance depends on the room and its use and we have no idea of the room length in this case. 4m from speakers isn’t exactly near field, and near field can sound great with full scale speakers and accomplished amplification, no matter how powerful. (One theoretically optimal listening position in a room is 38% of the room length, from the front wall, especially if the room is not heavily treated acoustically.)

Absolutely nothing!

1 Like

“Say it again!” :joy:

9 Likes

Absolutely nothing!:sunglasses:

3 Likes

48 Likes

Autumnal sun flickering patterns on the wall.

.sjb

29 Likes

Morning Light & Reflections

28 Likes

Lucky owner, lucky dogs.

Like the backlit Titans :sunglasses:

Very nice.

2 Likes

Really thoughtful photo set.
Just spent a while studying the light on the wall (and the speakers too) and enjoyed that.
Liked that a lot…

edit : what’s the glass for, (bottom left) ?
Maybe catching spiders ?
(We have loads appearing inside this time of year)

1 Like

They were proper men.

I’ll never forget leading the Peapod at Curbar Edge - first climbed by Joe Brown in 1951.

8 Likes

A candle holder as seen above in action

.sjb

1 Like

I recently moved to a new apartment or flat as you in the Uk call it. I’m actually very surprised at how good it sounds!

26 Likes

Another Picture. Thrilled at how good the Dynaudio Heritage Special sound.

25 Likes

This is the space. Pretty much open floor plan but sitting fairly close and using a REL S/510 to augment the bass.

28 Likes