Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Yup they are. But most of Japan isn’t the Tokyo-Yokohama-Saitama area. Though, if you speak to people who have lived there a few years, they often think the world outside of Tokyo barely exists. I lived in Tokyo for 15 years and other parts of the country north and south for 10. There is definitely “Japan” and then there is “Tokyo”. Ideas around size, even acceptable personal space, change drastically.

1 Like

My view of the system as I kick back tonight….

41 Likes

Wow!!! :star_struck:

Has the mothership landed, from Close Encounter of the Third Kind ? :blush:

1 Like

No not quite - replaced the batteries in the lights in the bottles - miss the green logo’s a bit so my homage!

Plus the gyro always looks cool!

1 Like

but I recall every time when I went back there from the US, I noticed everything is made smaller. Like the width of the door, stairecase etc… I used to bump into things because I am so used to wider larger doorways and stairs in the US.

1 Like

Just checking to see if the dog moved yet

1 Like

I’m beginning to think he is stuffed.

1 Like

Well and truly :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes fittings are so narrow. Constantly bumping elbows and knees. Though not in the new place.

And the depth of stairs. Tho I have seen worse in Europe!

1 Like

Yes and open staircases with no banister. But considering the preference for new builds here, I can only blame the buyers for these decisions.

Thread creep over. Someone save us with a pic.

Stuffed dog. He’s been around a long time.!lot of memories

In the US it’s more about both lots of square footage big rooms and lots of bathrooms. 5,000 sq foot 4 large bedrooms 5 full bathrooms big dining room big kitchen etc… BIG

Stuffed, his name is Charlie

2 Likes

Nice dusk.
Not long before the Vampires come knocking…

27 Likes

Sunday morning.

playing

wow

10 Likes

Listening to Sue the Night on Spotify rakishly reclined in my Stressless chair :slightly_smiling_face:

22 Likes

My favourite green glow…:heart:

23 Likes

What no feet. :grin:

3 Likes