Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

I never worry about thread drift, it is a natural feature of many a conversation, followed by “ where were we “

Given that this is a small community , we know each other’s background and foibles, so thread drift is a natural progression

10 Likes

Me neither, sometimes it keeps us all sane in the cuckoos nest

5 Likes

Rude comments have no place in our forum, just so you know…

Please let me assure you that there is absolutely nothing rude about my comments. I humbly apologise if you think so and deleted my reply

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

I thought the dog was just astounded by the sound quality :flushed:

Looks like he’s hiding from the vacuum cleaner…

I see. Perhaps that’s why he’s frozen fixed… :thinking:

The luxury of designing your own house is surely a minority pleasure?

1 Like

Depends what you store and get up to in them :rofl::rofl:

Depends. In the UK, I never heard of anyone who built a house.

In Japan, if you live in a house, 99% chance it’s detached and 80% chance you had it built.

But growing up back in the UK, the idea of bedrooms was fluid. You bought a house. It had X number of rooms. You assigned their usage according to how many lived in it. At times we had a work room. At times it was a bedroom. On again off again like musical chairs. I think there were only 2 rooms whos use was constant in 10 years that wasn’t the kitchen.

Proving, if proof were needed, that context is everything!

Interesting stat.

Do the majority live in apartments?

1 Like

Tasker, Boardman, and Doug Scott made an ascent of Kangchenjunga (at 8,598 m the third highest mountain in the world) by a new route from the North-West in 1979, which was also the first ascent of the mountain without the use of supplementary oxygen.

3 Likes

Nationally, 45% live in apartments, though I’d expect that to be far higher in a major city. 55% live in detached houses.

Bit of swing between extremes. Apartments can be tiny so the assumption is that homes are small. But I read somewhere that for actual houses, Japan is similar square footage to homes in the US.

1 Like

55% is an impressive figure.

When I was looking for a house to rent in Tokyo suburbs 25 years ago they all looked pretty small!

Yep cracking book that is ,I lost my copy to someone who I thought could be trusted unfortunately they could not , Doug was another funny person bless him a huge person in ego and statue sadly gone from us now , he had pearcing eyes that looked through you as though he was reading your thoughts .

#Børresen loudspeakers

8 Likes