Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

I am constantly drawn to these low box count systems. Neat and crisp. It’s one of the reasons I love my 2nd system. I would never put the main system in my living room. So glad my garden can accommodate a small log cabin. :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

20 Likes

Here too! It’s 1° (outside…) and I am home with a little fever and all bones aching… Hopefully it’s not COVID2, The Revenge.
A girlfriend of mine, a nurse, is stopping by in a few minutes to give me some paracetamol. Sounds intriguing, but I’m a wreck… :cold_face:

7 Likes

Take care Max.

G

1 Like

Hopefully it’s not Covid but it’s summer here and the infection rates have gone through the roof. Seems it just won’t go away. Take care.

Thanks Graeme and Pete! Today I’m feeling better and the fever has gone down. I’m still not fully ok, but ok enough.
Since I had surgery, I observe myself with different eyes…

11 Likes

It would appear Christmas has landed.
First time I’ve sat in here to listen to Mrs Q’s system in a few weeks.
Sounding wonderful as usual😊

21 Likes

get well soon Max.

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

This is the current state of my listening room🫤

A bit of repainting of the back wall.
Hopefully all back up and running on Saturday🤞🏼

15 Likes

Is this a cabin? The ceiling looks great. What are the dimensions? It looks quite narrow, but that might be the camera?

Hi Mike, yes it’s a 3m x 5.5m modified cabin.
I’ve insulated and plasterboard lined it, making it a much more comfortable space for year round listening.
44mm thick exterior timbers and sitting on a reinforced concrete base. Too much ground movement out here in the fens. Large unreinforced concrete slabs can crack quite early in their life. This one is 20 years old now (it used to have my Hawks aviary on it) and is still in good shape, albeit no longer quite as level🤷🏻‍♂️

3 Likes

Yesterday evening this was the view from my listening position as we had a power cut for four hours

Step one was unpower the power amps by the switches in the back. Step two light candles and step three find torch and wife went round to her mum’s next door to check up on her. Step four stand outside phoning electricity network operator to report and get update

Step five sit and talk to my wife :scream:

At least the view improved with a bit of light (different room)

25 Likes

I’m a bit slow here … thought the next step was find the wife.

3 Likes

Nahhhhhhh, wives ALWAYS find the husband at some point :laughing:

5 Likes

She was sitting next to me on the sofa, watching TV (Shetland, as it happens)

3 Likes

I suppose that being in the dark and cold helps create the ‘Shetland experience’

3 Likes

Maybe - though we have friends who used to live there and the houses are built to withstand the weather

2 Likes

I was thinking of the outdoor rather than indoor Shetland experience

2 Likes