Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

This pair was stripped out and rewired internally. The crossovers were taken out and mounted in a remote enclosure that sits in the base of the stand. New Scanspeak tweeters were fitted and new terminals at the back of the cabinet to allow them to be used active in the future. Cabinets were teak oiled and new grills fitted.

3 Likes

Looks like a similar size to my music room. Makes listening very engaging!

1 Like

New rug - as good as a box upgrade and ‘ties the room together’ nicely :sunglasses:

31 Likes

After seeing this setup and my own simple 2nd system setup, I do wonder how much those on the continuous upgrade path have just lost the plot.

4 Likes

Completely! Hahaha! Haha! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Im on the couch. Have a cappuccino and some candy. Heading out in ten minutes to deal with the snow.

The chair are going to be refurbished.

13 Likes

Back in the 80’s had Linn Sara 9’s driven by CB 32-5/hicap/250 with LP12
In a small room
That system rocked!
Enjoy!
David

3 Likes

I was listening to the same Handel’s Messiah record!

5 Likes

39 Likes

Is that ‘rolley’ wheels under the speakers?
surely that impacts bass response and imaging prowess?

with the benefit being ‘freedom’ to move them easily when rewiring stuff?

maybe I am missing something here! (seriously - no disrespect!)

I do believe that sound could be improved by sorting out different ‘feet’ for those speakers…

edit: closer inspection of the photo makes me feel that these are actually proper speaker feet… (!)
ignore my post then, and - I guess that several posts informing me of my ignorance ‘inbound’ (welcomed, too)

Priorities! Could you tell us more about the dog please?

1 Like

Thank you!
This system does rock, it’s probably enhanced by the small space. The bass is controlled and the extension is on par with the big Isobariks. So many wow moments!!

1 Like

Isoacoustics Gaia :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Mark63 is correct.

1 Like

That’s Karen. She’s an 8 month old golden. Her line is from Scotland so she is darker than most Goldens.

5 Likes

christmas trees finally up

16 Likes

Looks excellent to me! Mine is a small room too but is great to relax in.
Love the Sara’s, a great system that just plays music well.

1 Like

Never a truer word spoken!

27 Likes

Where have your toes gone?

5 Likes