Pizza Ovens

Looks absolutely fine to me, … … … I like rustic pizza

1 Like

But I live in London - it’s a metropolitan elite pizza!

3 Likes

Shorry, my mishtake! :scotland:

1 Like

Looks great, especially for a bog standard oven. Trust you’ve got an appropriate beverage accompaniment.

Very nice bottle of Chinon from Domaine de la Noblaie

3 Likes

I usually dice it (blasphemy I know), and chuck it in a siff to drain beforehand. And in general, be as quick as possible to get it in the oven after any wet stuff touches it, and that includes the tomato sauce.

You should be making them fish and chips or a pie, not pizza!

:ok_hand:

Second attempt with the ooni tonight - made five again and got better each time (my wife has the first one which was not photographed, was not round or even close to it. And a couple of her olives were later seen burning merrily at the back of the oven :grimacing:). I had the last one which went quite well:

9 Likes

I’ve already chucked a grenade into this thread, around post # 20, with my non wood fired electric pizza oven, so can I further annoy everyone by asking if anyone ever buys a pizza from one of the high street supermarkets, (how very dare you!), and if so, any recommendations?

On those days when I just can’t be bothered, ( can’t be just me who gets those?), then this is pretty damn fine.

Gustosa, from Lidl, made in Italy, so it’s not the usual UK supermarket version of a pizza (Cheddar cheese … … … really?), and it’s not a slap on the bum off a proper Naples pizza.

I know you don’t believe me, but just try one, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Shoot me now.

4 Likes

Yep. T****’s, er, “finest”…… so we spice them up with more cheese and Weymouth 51’s Naga Chilli sauce, and McCains French Fries with Mayo, à la Belgique!

s’OK for a Thursday night!

1 Like

I disagree. Just put in a colander/sieve to drain for a few minutes before slicing and using. And certainly infinitely preferable (in my view) to the plastic yellow mozzarella you can buy, which is tasteless (but stretchy!).

1 Like

We do keep a few pizzas in the freezer, available for near-instant meals/snacks. I do like the ‘Chicago’ brand, while one of my favourite’s is Tesco’s own sweet chilli chicken pizza.

Quite different from using a pizza oven, as no prep, no thought as to ingredients, and no effort…and completely different!!!

Yes. That’s exactly what I said to my other half who had recently visited them enjoying a large Italian spread over 4 courses.

We had a complete disaster the other afternoon trying to use three made up pizza doughs that just didn’t want to either come off the table or the peel.
So ended up hungry and back on the narrow wedge of the learning curve.

If you are using a conventional oven, try a bit of olive oil in the dough mix.It helps it cook through at lower temperatures.
No oil though if using pizza oven.

Indeed - we already use olive oil in the dough

1 Like

Ooni’s recipe for pizza dough includes olive oil…

Ooni yes, traditional Italian dough has no oil.

1 Like

Cooked I think a total of 18 pizzas this lunchtime for a family event - this was number 18

9 Likes

A slippery slope if they look and taste that good……you need to burn them selectively😉

2 Likes