Poll: What brand of speakers are you using?

Which are the most popular speaker brands in our community?

• Naim
  • Focal
  • Neat
  • Spendor
  • ATC
  • ProAc
  • Kudos
  • PMC
  • Totem
  • Monitor Audio
  • Dynaudio
  • Dali
  • B&W
  • Magico
  • Wilson
  • Sonus Faber
  • Other

0 voters

4 Likes

The poll title would be better amended to ā€œwhat brand of speakers are you usingā€ as it gives no idea of the speakers themselves, in some cases at least there being a huge difference across the range of models, though I note the clarification in the text

2 Likes
  1. It is not scientific, just of interest to some.
    b. Why not make your own poll, it will need about two hundred options.
    iii. I wish I could be more consistent.
8 Likes

You missed Harbeth; theyā€™re quite popular

12 Likes

Some of us mave multiple systems with different speakers.

5 Likes

These Other speakers are popular. Any uk dealers?

5 Likes

I think you will find from posts on this forum that Harbeth speakers are popular with Naim consumers, certainly more so than Wilson or Magico.

4 Likes

If you do a search on Naim & Harbeth you see 50+ threads appear. Harbeth certainly should be included in any poll with Naim.

As others have mentioned some members have more than one pair of speakers that they use.

3 Likes

What happened to Linn ,a pretty major omission

10 Likes

As well as Harbeth and Linn already mentioned there are quite a few other brands out there that have been mentioned on occasion e.g. among current/recent manufacturers these coming instantly to mind: Castle, Kerr, KEF, Q Acoustics, Quad, Russel K, Shahinian, Tannoy. Iā€™m sure there are many moreā€¦ It seems like there needed to be a poll to find the brand names for a poll of brand ownership - though of course the size of the ā€œothersā€ selection will give an idea of whether these others amount to a high proportion.

7 Likes

Magnepan is an other brand!

1 Like

@Mike_S , you havenā€™t voted yet. It shows 0 totems. :man_police_officer::person_raising_hand:

4 Likes

Agreed, Harbeth and Linn are big omissions.

As ā€˜otherā€™ has currently 19% out of 300 votes I suggest this is a pre-poll tester and you find out what other popular speakers are being used and re-run the poll.

1 Like

Youā€™ve also missed Shahinian, a minority taste maybe but several fans on the forum, including yours truly

2 Likes

I have two pairs of Shahinians and one pair of Naims, so Iā€™m unable to specify any of them as this poll also doesnā€™t permit multiple votes.

2 Likes

Primary or favourite system maybe? But the OP doesnā€™t say that.

I will say in defence of op if Iā€™d made this type of poll Iā€™d have missed brands too and Iā€™m sure others would say the same. Can polls be edited?

1 Like

Interesting nonetheless to see more than one in 10 still have Naim speakers and also interesting how high kudos as a (relative) newcomer is in the list. They really seem to have taken over the Naim speaker mantle.

.sjb

3 Likes

I could have ticked both as I have a pair of nSats (plus 4 nSats, one nCent and one nSub in the cinema room) and a pair of kudos speakers. Also have a pair of mission 70 mk II and acoustic energy ae1 speakers. I went with kudos as they are in the main systemā€¦

Have also had SBLs and SL2s ā€¦

1 Like

Hi what about Fyne 501 sp. Sound just amazing with my Nova.