Poll: What brand of speakers are you using?

The isobaric versions seem to have taken over from Neat as the non Naim forum darling - Titan vs Ultimatum. That might be an interesting direct comparison.

1 Like

Another vote here for Shahinian. Obelisk 2

1 Like

I suppose that if the winner is ā€œotherā€ this means that several brands are missing: in my case JBL.

Graham, Falcon, Devore - all under other category for meā€¦

2 Likes

Using Graham in both of my systems.

1 Like

Tannoy here

Any of the unlisted brands might top Naim, Kudos or PMC, or there may be several high up there, equal to or more popular than Neat, Focal, Spendor or ATC.

Meanwhile one interesting thing is that at more than 50% of the popularity of Naim speakers, Focal seems more popular than implied by some of the posts in various threads asserting that few people like themā€¦

Other: Living Voice
Strange to see that this typical UK brand is not very popular among the UK music enthusiasts.

1 Like

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of others, but probably not possible.

DGā€¦

1 Like

Also Naim speakers. Non ovators and ovators

Mine are DBO Acoustics.

The speakers of theirs with which I am familiar are horn loaded, with sensitivities of the order of 105dB/W. At 15-20 DB greater sensitivity than the majority of speakers so requiring less than 1/30th of the power for the same sound level, I suspect they are not a good marriage with Naim power amps: the legendary (notorious) hiss would be 15-20dB louder, and the volume control on a NAC would be pushed almost hard over to virtually zero, barely controllabie.

I use Piega

2 Likes

Vandersteen C2E here

1 Like

Fyne 502sp for my Nova, demoed them in the shop and at home, we liked what we heard.

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum, with a NAP 300DR. I feel no need or desire to change anything about that part.

I am using two REL R-328 subs with the system, and plan to upgrade those to two REL S/510 this month.

You are probably right.

Focal is a very good brand, many loudspeakers are equipped with their speakersā€¦ I have 1028be Iā€™m very happy!

They seem like Marmite from comments on this forum - but the same can be said of some other speakers, including perhaps Naim Ovatorsā€¦

1 Like

I apologise for omitting Harbeth, Linn and Graham, to mention just a few.