Poll: What brand of speakers are you using?

Dan S.
No need to apologize. Perhaps a new poll with more speaker brands. I do find the subject interesting.

3 Likes

Kudos Titans T505 on end of 252/300DR using LP12 and NDX as source

1 Like

Brigadier MU2 here, very small, but don’t sound it

naim ovator S600 and three pairs of S400s in a multi-channel configuration.

2 Likes

I was just wondering if anyone has compared the Kudos, Neat and Proac. What are the distinct differences between the speakers in the similar range ie. Kudos Titan vs Neat momentum vs Proac response. Which one will do refinement, fine detail and nuance better.

Audiovector r8. Not surprised to see the britishoholics in this list as usual.

2 Likes

Because in general British speakers are best, or because Naim and possibly the majority of forum members are British?

I think Dynaudio, Sonus Faber, Focal, JBL and a handful of others are quite numerous on the system pics threads. Compared to electronics, non British speaker choice on the forum is positively cosmopolitan.

1 Like

I feel very left out being a Monitor Audio user.
I appreciate they are not the first choice of an audiophile but just love their signature sound. They also match our new floor beautifully, so that keeps the handbag happy.

4 Likes

Hi Claus,

When I demoed my system in the shop (XS range) I listened to the AudioVectors and the Ovator 400’s side by side. If ever there was a contrast in sound presentation, these two displayed that. So I can see how some people are drawn to a certain sound presentation and others to another.

Through a process of sub-conscious familiarisation, perhaps British ears tend to gravitate towards a British speakers but it could also be laziness.

Anyway, you are right, it’s not a surprise.

…Handbag!?:flushed:

I think Monitor Audio are underrated, I have very much enjoyed my Silver 300s for the past 3 years, first on my AV system then the last couple with the stereo system as well. Very good value for money, a lovely sound and incredible build quality and finish. I’ve seen the real wood veneered ones in the flesh and they looked amazing to me.

Edit: just noticed you have the 7th generation, mine are the previous … nice!

Mark

2 Likes

Or, perhaps more likely to my mind, could it be that British speakers are designed by British people, with British ears, with which the majority of British people tend to have something in common? (Of course, it begs the definition of what is British!)

Considering laziness, I doubt that a tendency not to look beyond British speakers is laziness on the part of the buyer, at least, not those who normally buy from accessible dealers, though conceivably it might be on the part of dealers. However, having said that, perhaps sticking to what just the one or possibly two or three local dealers offer could be laziness on the part of the buyer – though some would call it loyalty. As for dealers generally, it may not so much be laziness that limits stocking and demonstrating non-British speakers, rather more likely their availability in practical terms, which in turn could be down to how active individual foreign manufacturers are in marketing their speakers towards Britain.

If I called my wife that I would probably be battered to death with said item🤣

Would you care to share your impressions concerning the differences of these presentation?

Lady Bracknell :joy:

4 Likes

You’re not on your own: a bit smaller in size, but also very happy with Audiovector! (R3 Arreté)

Why is KEF not in that list, it’s a very respectable British brand that combines very well with Naim?

2 Likes

I guess KEF is there, in “other”, so it could be the most popular brand, above Naim, PMC, Kudos etc.
…Or it could be near the bottom.

:grin: :grin: