Potential Speaker Upgrade

I think the curves / angles make them look better, it brings a cool futuristic vibe to them.

That -3dB rolloff frequency is really impressive, considering the low sensitivity they must be using some compression chamber approach for the woofers?

They look like Focal :laughing:
Nice looking , impressive.

1 Like

They have their own paint mixer, so you can get all colors (separate per module, with 2 possible for the treble/mid box), so I played around a looong time with combinations, but in the end settled for white anyway. He’ll also repaint them for a reasonable fee if I get bored. (No veneers though)

When looking at speaker specs I did think about your input regarding deep bass in some older discussion :slight_smile: Yeah, it’s all quite complex and well thought out. The cabinets use stressed resonance damping (the faces are connected by metal rods under tension) and are internally quite complexly multi-chambered. The passive membrane (not connected to the crossover) replaces what would be the reflex port, but can be mechanically and electrically tuned for the room and taste.

There is soon-ish going to be a new website in English as well, I hope before I have to write my big post in the new gear thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed, the curved version looks similar. Same reason, too. Well, the Focal guys have more money invested in fancy wood bending tools, obviously :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think their approach would be popular in NL as well, they should consider opening a distribution point here. :wink:

They are actually serving Europe, but nobody knows :slight_smile: They have a pretty special and super nice approach to business. But as mentioned there will be a new website soon and they have been starting to do some work with media and so on. I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be the last you hear from them.

They also have made their factory CO2 neutral and trying to source in Europe (90%, the Wavecors are from China). Spread the word in NL!

By the way, setup involves initially a basic setup and adjustment of crossover, passive membrane etc. Then after a few months run-in we’ll spend several hours fine tuning. (He can also leave crossover parts for do-it-yourself, the crossover is easy to flip out at the back and parts can be exchanged). Setup is part of the purchase price. Room can be measured too, and he also advises on room treatment if desired. That’s a pretty compelling package, difficult to match by an off-the-shelf speaker that either works in a room or not.

And now that I have written so much already (wanted to save most of that for the new gear thread when I have photos of assembly), this is also the place to say big thanks to @krautnaimie for this post in the system pics thread when I introduced the new system still with the old speakers:

And very true, @Mulberry:

:pray:

Sorry to OP for hijacking

2 Likes

Just had a peek at their website, what a great idea!

1 Like

Since the wife is involved weird ugly stuff isn’t going to work. ProAc have excellent resolving power with out being overly bright. They’re easy to drive and their choice of veneers is great. You said budget is 15 is that UK or US?
I’m guessing not to big ?

If you can stretch to it, the Wilson Benesch A.C.T. One Evolutions are stunning to look at and completely outclassed a pair of PMC Fact 12 Signatures I was demo-ing in parallel. Quite breathtaking sound and much easier to drive than the PMCs…

1 Like

Gauder is a small manufacture in the south of Germany (Stuttgart area). I visited them some years ago. Everything is handmade there, Dr. Gauder is an enthusiast. The DARC and the Berlina are maybe the best loudspeakers from Germany, but I have never heard them with Naim gear.

1 Like

Hi again, Mr. Suedkiez!
Nice to see these wonderful Sehring speakers in your home! :ok_hand: I also love the design. A good friend of mine owned some older ones and sold them 10 years ago. They were in a nice harmony with a 282 based system. This is why I mentioned them in the named post. I am curious how your voyage would be with them and your wonderful system.

I am also thinking about new speakers in the next years but it is far away because of my investments in the Naim and Linn gear in 2020 an 2021. But I will visit Berlin and Sehring in the near future. Maybe there will be a possibility to say hello to you. There is a small number of Naimers in Germany and I think that we are the only 2 Austrians… :wink: :austria:

Have fun and enjoy your music! :musical_score:

2 Likes

Absolutely, I’m only a few minutes from Sehring. Drop me and Richard a post and he can give you my contact. :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I have no idea how this functions but I will find it out :wink: Have fun and keep me updated! :+1:

I guess we can do it right now. @Richard.Dane can you send @krautnaimie my email address? It’s in my profile

2 Likes

Thanks and have fun! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Richard.Dane!

2 Likes

Coffee and a roll up, nice, 21 years clean and I’m still tempted :slightly_smiling_face:
Love the speakers btw

2 Likes

I just noticed that you are smoking. Be careful, it’s bad for the system. I hope you clean regularly the contacts.

1 Like

Usually only outside, was a special occasion. Nice find with the picture :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree w u Clare as i had a pair of Sopra 2 with an almost same system as u. I would say for the price point, a pair of great speakers.

I almost upgraded to scala evo. Eventually went for Marten Mingus Twenty after some audition (and partly due to scala size for my room).