System Pics 2021

Yep. For the interconnects/burndys/snaics only in very few places where they otherwise refused not to touch. The power cord stash that is hidden in the lowest rack level is placed on the same Sicomin carbon-kevlar base just like each device is, but I also used foam to prevent any rattling - Iā€™m quite sure they wouldnā€™t anyway, but as James Blake and Billie Eilish can make cutlery rattle if I throw it carelessly into the kitchen sink, I thought Iā€™d just add the foam while Iā€™m at it :slight_smile:
Itā€™s black pipe isolation foam I got from Amazon which is softer (and prettier) than the grey one that is most often used and that I also use for the speaker cables behind the TV furniture (as I need it to be sturdier there)

1 Like

I think it is a brilliant idea. I have been using old loo rolls but have now ordered some cladding.

Cheers

Itā€™s one of many ideas that I got from the forumā€™s unlimited fount of wisdom! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The black, soft one is from ā€œsourcingmapā€ on Amazon. The grey one is available in any home improvement store

1 Like

Thx

Nice System :+1:

Regarding Berlin: did you try some actual Sehring Speakers? What I have heard they do well with Naim gear.

2 Likes

And the grey blocks behind the TV furniture are yoga practice blocks from Amazon, made from foam. They are quite brilliant as they are stable but can be easily cut with a knife for cable channels. These are my own invention :wink:
Hmmm, which reminds me, I could drill holes to run the cables through them. Oh well, in case I get bored ā€¦

The pillars for the NACA5 are stacked doorstops

2 Likes

Thank you. Another speaker option for my ever-growing list :slight_smile:
Edit: @krautnaimie looking very interesting indeed and more or less around the corner!

1 Like

ā€¦ and the NDX2 is back from Naim, and all working well. Just warming it, and the circuit back up again. Nice to have the stack back as it should be. :grin:

35 Likes

Aaaaand it is back in action :joy:
Apparently the connection is shaky when you insert it all the way into the socket. Which I never did, for the usual reasons (and they donā€™t have locking rings). But I guess during dressing I may have accidentally pushed it a little farther, and when the channel dropped out, my automatic reaction was to insert it completely.

All back to normal and, having used the standard interconnect during the day, at least I know now that the Sarum Ts are keepers. All is well that ends well

5 Likes

Summary

This text will be hidden

My Naim fraim lite arrived today to replace my SO table. Great value second hand purchase.
Too soon to judge the sound quality- but looks way better than the previous stand.
Empty shelf leads to many possibilitiesā€¦.:rofl:

43 Likes

A friend of mine has Sehring 702 speakers which are nice. I have not listened to any of the new models, but if you can get a demo, go for it. If they are too dry for your taste, Paradigm Persona should be on your shortlist.

Thanks. According to reviews in Germany, the new models are a huge improvement. Itā€™s a 20 min bike ride to the Sehring factory, definitely worth a visit.
Thanks for the Paradigm as well, thereā€™s also a dealer in Berlin thatā€™s not too far away. Though I would have to get used to the beryllium, the safety instructions on the Focal website were already freaking me out a bit

Vinyl only listener? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s surely a thing to consider, thankfully silk and paper drives are my cup of tea. Stefan Sehring is said to be a nice guy and you should be able to get a home demo from him.

1 Like

Those 100ā€™s look quite close the the back wall - how far out are a they? I had discounted these on the basis that they need some space around them (Iā€™m looking for a speaker that can go quite close to wall)

Same here ā€“ especially with an active 8-year-old boy, Focal with their beryllium are a no-no in our houseā€¦ [Thatā€™s me at a play-date: :scream:]

I mean, itā€™s really difficult to get to it, surely they must fulfill strict design safety regulations, and in practice it will be fine. But just reading that if it ever breaks, your best option is moving to a new apartment, makes it somewhat uncomfortable. And of course there is the larger question of whether we really need to add to the inevitable issues with mining, processing, and eventual disposal for our listening pleasure. On the other hand, none of the stuff in our computers or Naim units is an environmental advantage either. In the end, questions remain.

1 Like

How do find the Neat motive sx1 ? are they ok near the wall etc very interested in them myself

After a few months dillydallying, finally got the SVT wallshelf up. Now thatā€™s better!
Very pleased with it and relieved that the batten has largely fixed the crappy wall problem.

Whoops, and I straightened the SC2 afterward! :laughing:

25 Likes