Pound for pound, Naim’s greatest ever product

The NAC52 (today especially) is amazing vfm, not to mention amazing at bringing music to life.

6 Likes

Do you like it then Jim?

:nerd_face::star_struck::flushed:

1 Like

100% agree if we are talking value for money the the UQ2 has to be up there.

3 Likes

In my experience, the journey towards the heart of the Naim :musical_note: matrix has been one of accelerating (not diminishing) returns.

The more I throw myself into it, the greater is my delight and connection with the music.

5 Likes

As @JimDog said. Absolutely.
Each first step was good, then each step got great from 282 up. I can’t afford going higher, but boy, am I loving where I am. Immersive, you bet.

2 Likes

Nait 3 + CD 3.5. 1500 quid, less than a Superlumina IC in today’s money.

5 Likes

The 202/200 was never in the Olive range

I think this is a no-brainer. Pound for pound? What Naim product gives you representative Naim sound, in its entirety, all in 29 lbs?

Really?.. mixing up the numbers then. It’s many years :roll_eyes: What were the Olive models of the 202/200 equivalents then?

NAC102 and NAP180

3 Likes

Yes 102/180

1 Like

I’m on , for a future Classic here… :sweat_smile::wink:

Thank you @Richard.Dane and @supercap - feeling a bit stupid now. I had the 102 - 180. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I sold a 282/300 and bought a 102/180 and didn’t feel I’d made a massive mistake with a Napsc and a Hicap it’s a fantastic amp prices have gone up quite a lot in recent years but I paid less than £800 for all four units less than half what I paid for just the 282.

1 Like

x2 for the 72/140 together with a hi-cap. Bought all 3 in the mid 1990’s second hand, none have been touched or serviced & all still producing sublime music. Recent flea-bay listing for all 3 for a lot more than I paid for them 25 odd years ago. So that’s 25 years of brilliant music with a potential profit at the end…sounds like good value to me!

7 Likes

For me it’s the 52. I bought it from another forum member in 2018 replacing my then 82. At the time my source was a bare NDX, my turntable still being in long term storage.

It just seemed to make my system complete, extremely engaging, with no apparent weaknesses. From that point on, now included, if means dictated, I’d be happy to stop upgrading and just play music.

With all the subsequent changes I’ve made, I still consider my 52 to be star of the show.

7 Likes

I’ll be a little surprised if the SN3 isn’t up there near the top as one of Naim’s biggest ‘bang for buck’ all time best seller, and even the final nail in the coffin for the long standing 202/200.

4 Likes

So many answers are possible. Nait 1, CB250, used 52.
Right now though, I’m thinking it’s this beauty:

Caveat: needs a very expensive Keel/A to truly show what it does, so maybe ruins the pound for pound aspect…

7 Likes

Although I found my 52 a big upgrade on my 82, I’ll give a (probably unique) vote for the 82. It was and is a superb amp, both at its release price and its current second hand price it’s great quality for the money.

4 Likes