Power Strip

I mean that most power strips cost between 100 and 400 dollars, then 2000 dollars and more. Not many between.
The Eros I have is very good to my ears, yes :+1:

2 Likes

I will listen to the new Chord p-strip when it arrive…and see what my brain will decide

1 Like

Try to sample ISOTEK or ISOL-8 power strips
They are around 3000 ILS.
The problem is that they all come with Schuko sockets and plugs, and you will have to convert all the existing plugs of the powerlines to the Schuko plugs as well as the Chord plug.

No no…I wouldn’t bother myself, I use only UK sockets

if you are not prepared to pay for the Chord, why even wait? IMHO you are also wasting a very good expensive mains cable (Chord Music) and your demanding system connected to quite a basic bus bar Matrix??
I also think the Titan Eros is probably the best non-filtered block within ~ 1k…

1 Like

I’m curious to listen what Chord bring me to music,after the audition I will decided what direction I go

Apparently this reduces the noise floor significantly :grin:

1 Like

Had it for 2 years and completely unimpressed by it unfortunately - makes everything plugged in sound thin and anaemic. YMMV.

4 Likes

I forgot Anzus. Some use it here . You have the Anzus Mainz 8 x at 1k euros and the top one , the DCT supreme, at 36 k. Better not try the last :joy:

It’s the one Meni has already.

2 Likes

Thanks, I saw it mentioned several times before purchasing.

As noted I’m unimpressed, even worse, a £4 power extension sounds better.

I kept it simply as it was a spare power extension and reasonably well built though have concerns the undersurface might scratch my floor.

Maybe yours was broken? @Darkebear uses it and seems satisfied. ( wireworld matrix). Maybe he will be tempted to try something else ?

The user you mention has a respected opinion, and was one of the reasons I tried it - just didn’t do anything in my system unfortunately. I tried several Isol-8 systems from my dealer and again just got a feeling that things were anaemic or had the life sucked out of them. Oddly I got that when trying some SuperLumina cables several years ago too.

3 Likes

I believe you Alley. Electricity is a weird and strange world :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Electricity is a science
Human imaginations are the weird and strange world

9 Likes

It’s also a huge reason to support dealers that can offer demo products for more expensive purchases, you’re either going to think about it if improvement isn’t great or pull the trigger if it is. :+1:

2 Likes

I said that because, for instance, the same Wireworld power block gives opposite sounding results. So i made a little of humor.

1 Like

Paradoxically - that is what it can do.
As alternative I tried a very popular 6-way block my Dealer loaned me a few years ago and hated it instantly - bloated and lacking detail and PRaT in my system.

The WW Matrix is very fussy as to plug-in order sequence - and you must not put your Power Amp onto it - but I find the latter with all blocks as it strangles the sound as I hear it.

So I have my Power Amps direct into the wall sockets and then daisy-chain my Pre (first socket from wall connection input to bock) then my Source ND555 PS (A) then ND555 PS (D).

That sounds fantastic - clear and detailed with excellent timing and far superior to having any of the Pre (S1) or 555PS plugged direct into the wall - that ‘blobs-out’ the presentation.

But if I plug-in the sequence in any order other than above in the WW block - it is appalling harsh and not listenable at all. So it had to be the way I do it for my system - and has been like this for about ten years or more.

Always possible - I’m tempted to make my own suited for my specific use in my Active system with just the sockets required in the topology required - but laziness intervenes when it already sounds excellent as it is I tend to declare victory and play music. :bear:

DB.

6 Likes

I’ll look into the plug sequence when I move stuff to the other room, thanks for posting the tips and user experience DB. :+1:

DCT supreme, at 36 k. Better not try the last :joy: I have three of them beside my Naim system one for my wash machine I get better cleaning cloth… and the other for my micro wave so my soup is much better. :grinning:

5 Likes