Premier League 2024-2025

I’ ve got a lava lamp and it is indeed groovy

2 Likes

Always wanted one.

1 Like

Ooh, a swap between Ollie Watkins and Connor Gallagher is allegedly on the cards. You know what, that might not be bad for both teams. Both sets of fans would lose something but both teams gaining something they’re lacking. Hmmm…

Battle of the bald managers

Precisely why I fear for the comming season.

Our new manager has a full head of hair & is clean shaven. In fact, he doesn’t look old enough to shave…

Doesn’t look like a recipe for success to me. Mind you, if things go as wrong for him as for the previous two, the full head of hair may not last long.

3 Likes

Ffs

Woooooahh!! Scary!!!

1 Like

TRON; the football match?

Take it that’s the Etihad stadium? Ha.

Does is tip the other way at half time?

1 Like

Will there be a new Naim league this season, @Jamiewednesday ?

Of course!

However the links weren’t working when I tried them earlier.

Shall have another look in the coming days.

4 Likes

All done, have created a new thread with details @bhoyo .

Cheers all.

1 Like

Riccardo Calafiori is signing for Arsenal really, really happy we’ve had some problems at left back and this solves it. I believe that Martinelli’s drop in form last season was also due to those problems and I’m really hoping Calafiori can unlock Martinelli and he’ll regain his form from 22/23.

And at £32 million it’s an excellent deal in this modern football market.

1 Like

I hope you’re right, Bob. But, apart from a few obvious exceptions, Italian players tend not to fare well outside of Italy.

If Edu and Arteta have selected him going by their signings over the past few years then I expect him to be top class, Italian or not. Of course he could flounce of back to Italy after a few months like Scamacca at West Ham.

Pre Season for many clubs is underway an almost full strength Chelsea side where held to a 2-2 draw at Wrexham this after Wrexham held Bournemouth to a 1-1 all draw a few days ago.

Manchester United gave their new signing 18 yr old Leny Yoro a run out in a 2-0 win over Rangers and Arsenal drew 1-1 with Bournemouth in LA after to which to appease our American brothers who can’t deal with draws the teams where forced into a penalty shoot out which the Gunners won.

Mikel Arteta played the first half apart from Ben White and Jurrien Timber with an all academy line up who did very well against a very strong Bournemouth side.

Feel for Chelsea fans. Lumbered with a model and identity virtually no modern manager can fit. Pre season means nothing of course bar fitness and tactical adjustment but you could see last night that Maresca’s Chelsea will play like his Leicester. Chelsea fans won’t be complaining about goals this season. They will see plenty of them but defensively they’re more likely to be Burnley than Arsenal.

Similar issues at United. The Ineos model has given cause for optimism amongst the more deluded but they will founder on the rocks of ownership by the Glasers.

If you live in Manchester you’ll be aware there are seismic goings on at Man City behind the scenes which will have big implications for them and the game. This may well be a season in which there are multiple departures on and off the pitch. Guardiola may survive but I think that’s increasingly doubtful. Liverpool in more transition than they’d care to admit so this may well be a season in which the top 7 throws up more surprises than we’ve seen for a while.

1 Like

I hate to say it but I think this is the year for arsenal and maybe the start of a couple of titles.

City second

Then Man U he hopes

Atb
Kk

1 Like