Premier League 2024-2025

We all know what his next job is! And it ain’t England…

You’re right though, I’ve supported Chelsea for 48 years, rarely boring throughout, but the last couple of years under Todd have left me cold.

Scotland? Woo-hoo!

1 Like

Oh, and talking of “it’s only a pre-season friendly but…,” I’ll take the Bhoys’ 4-3 win over the English champions, thank you very much.

2 Likes

I’ve just read Maresca’s post match comments and now have some enlightenment on how he expects Chelsea to play this season.

This is going to be awful. Not just awful, but painful. Does he really think that the other 19 teams won’t be able to work this through?

Tell you what though, Boy Colwill more than capable of holding his own against Mad McMad McLean…

Really? I’ll agree he made the first move but it didn’t go well for him after that. Is there much worse than taking a full on slap on the face and being unable to respond because the bloke you attacked has you by the wrists and you can’t move. Others then waded in but in the same circumstances I doubt Colwill would fancy a second go.

To be clear, I’m not defending McClean as that’s a fools errand. I’m embarrassed he plays for us and always will be, but… this is a bloke who was going to be left out of pre season training because he came back top of every reading and ahead of every reading taken at the end of last season for himself and every other squad member. He then insisted on doing pre season training only so he could better every member of the squad all over again. Bloke is massively problematic but he’s fit as a butcher’s dog and plenty as hard.

It looks as though Emile Smith Rowe is leaving Arsenal in a £35 million deal for Fulham. You won’t find a Gooner that isn’t sad to see ESR go but for all parties it is an excellent deal and a great chance for the player to restart his career.

1 Like

Yes I watched the highlights and compared to Rangers against United Celtic looked very good.

1 Like

On the subject of United there really is another false dawn over Old Trafford. They bought Leny Yoro a very good 18 year old for almost treble what Real Madrid where prepared to play the player himself wanted Madrid but was told by his owners in no uncertain terms that he was off to OT.

They bought Joshua Zirkzee from Bologna after Bayern Munich declined to initiate a 20 million Euro buy back clause included in his 9 million Euro sale to Bologna in 2022.

United are locked in negotiations with Bayern for Matthijs de Ligt and with PSG for Ugarte but neither club are prepared to accept the payment plans offered by United who can’t afford to buy without selling first.

2 Likes

You’ve been outside laying in the sun far too long.

Get a grip, young man.

It was the sun bouncing of the f a cup that did it ww. No such problems for the goooners fans.

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

However they are suffering back ache from moving all the sky awards.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Yep those Sky awards are a burden I believe Arteta uses them as cones during training.

Blimey, we’re even at it in our B team…

Rosenior replaces Vieira as Strasbourg manager

Sorry mate. But not that sorry ; )

Haven’t seen it, CFC channel used to show tour games as a little gimmee, a come on to join in, now they charge a fiver a game…

I imagine we were awful, busy but awful.

I understand Sanchez played like Sanchez and yer new man in goal had something about him.

1 Like

My Bhoys have had a strong pre-season U.S. tour, beating Man City and Chelsea (and DC United), scoring four in each game. Celtic usually raise their game against English clubs. It’s those damn Europeans that cause so much trouble.

2 Likes

Only pre season but this came true a lot faster than I thought.

Yuk!

1 Like

Some excellent displays by Arsenal academy players against Man U last night in LA Ethan Nwaneri put in a technically mature shift with another assist this kid is definitely ready for the first team squad.

After a slightly shaky start Ayden Heaven came back with another competitive 45 minutes very, very comfortable on the ball.

Second half Josh Nichols the slightly diminutive right back kept £75 million Jaden Sancho quiet with another excellent display the day after he turned 18.

Salah Eddine Oulad M’hand who replaced Nwaneri at half time again looked very self assured and is another teenager who could take a place in the first team squad.

And lastly a mention for Karl Hein the Estonian keeper who had been excellent in the absence of Raya and Ramsdale.

1 Like