Price increases

Were they still your partner after that?

I’ve seen my salary go up 2-3% while inflation over the same two years is astronomical. In real terms, it is more like a pay cut of 30%. My spending power has basically been rewound to what it was 15 years ago. I’m starting to feel ready for the scrapheap at times but I got a letter this week from the national pension fund saying [paraphrased], due to the Ponzi scheme of social insurance and declining population, your pension entitlement is 43% of what you put in if you retire at 60. You might be eligible for as much as 84% if you retire at 75. Please tick a box and reply immediately. Your decision cannot be reversed once made.

So that’s not really Naim’s fault or problem. But I do look at new gear even at the level of what I already own and think, “buying that would never happen now. That part of my life seems behind me.”

Strange thing is, I’m perfectly happy.

7 Likes

Nah, I am one of the highest paid guys here. Been here 13 years, 7 to go until 65 and I actually like my job. We have no union, and most of the last 3 years were Covid influenced in a bad way.

I’ve just heard that the S1 new price will be increasing by £10k. That’s a 13% rise. I understand the reasoning but £85k is a lot of money and £20k more than the full retail price when I bought with discount two years ago :thinking:.

3 Likes

My local dealer is selling his demo one for approx. £150k if anyone fancies it.

There’s a lot to be said about liking your job.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out so eloquently, sadly it is the reality of what’s happening around the world, and most people seem content to ignore it. If we are to do something about it, the first step is to acknowledge what’s going on.

1 Like

NPX 300 price goes up by £200. NSC 222 and NAP 250 prices go up by £500.

It’ll be very interesting to see how this plays out with the dealers…… £1200 on the price of a NC 200 Series system, over £18k now. Perhaps p/x prices will increase to cover it with a subsequent increase in OC used prices? Personally I doubt that. :smirk:

ATB, J

1 Like

Glad I already had my order in for the 222/250 :grinning:.

Any word on the increase (if any) on the 500 series?

Whilst companies may reserve the right to increase prices, customers also reserve the right to not pay those prices, essential purchases notwithstanding.

Anyhoo M+S have just jacked the price of their 2kg bag of spuds up by 20%, which is of more concern to me than the Statement series increase :grinning:

5 Likes

£1000 to you sir :grimacing:

I only have the 200 series price increases as I had them on order but was considering the NPX 300 as well, so wanted to know how much more it would be. I expect the official price list for all products to be available very shortly.

300 Series increased by £2200 overall, excluding psu’s.

ATB, J

Its on the Signals hifi dealer web site.

1 Like

Jeez

1 Like

I suppose the S&M department believes that customers will either pay these prices or, hopefully, rush to place their 2024 orders before 31/01/24………

If they’re sufficiently confident, perhaps dealers may purchase a few systems at pre-increase prices and not gouge their customers post February…….

The, pretty much global, cost-of-living crisis doesn’t really help the luxury goods market but maybe that doesn’t include some or all of Naim’s customers?

ATB, J

Cheers. So ~8% across New Classic ranges (since mid 2023).

What’s the inflation rate in the UK?

Around 4% now

1 Like