Primare NP5/Qobuz Advice Please

I’m not finding it an improvement in my system.

There is definitely more detail, but some percussion now sounds too prominent, with an overall loss of rhythm.

Maybe I need to try some expensive cables between the NP5/Ndac.

On the NP5 end itself. Terry Medalen at Primare advised that itvwill be optimal place to put it when I asked.

On the NP5 unit itself. Terry Medalen at Primare felt it was the optimal location.

1 Like

First listen to my NP5 mk1->Hugo mk1->XS3->SX3 with the new firmware last night, same again this morning.

I like being able to just use the Prisma app. Casting wasn’t terribly inconvenient, but the Prisma app is fewer clicks, at least how I’m using it.

I honestly can’t recall if it sounds better, but I haven’t noticed the odd bit of fatigue I used to get whilst listening so far. I might convince myself that the soundstage is better too. Or I might not, anyway, the usability improvement is good enough in itself for me to formally approve :slight_smile: Not that anyone lives for my approval :wink:

Don’t think there is too much difference with sound quality in Qobuz direct comparing with roon……more still time needed to test :slight_smile: to be sure. Still prefer the convenience with roon, though Qobuz direct is better sounding and more stable than Chromecast. Always found I had to hard reboot between Chromecast and roon.

Anyone else using NP5 with roon here?

A slight deviation on this topic. I have just downloaded and installed the qobuz update on my NP5 and would make two observations. It does not play gaplessly ( They say they will fix this} and the track artwork consists of what can only be described as thumbnails. It is impossibly awkward to search and there is no decent display of cover art. Very disappointing so I will continue using M Connect for the time being. Nothing like as good as the implementation on my Naim Muso. Quite surprised that Primare should release such a poor app.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.