Proac Tablette 10 Sigs

Absolutely agree with you.

With all respect @anon33182107, you are being very presumptuous. I’ve been in this game a long time and have owned many ‘speakers, from very large, to comparatively small. How the ‘speaker ‘charges’ the room volume is so much part of the equation. Yes, I can feel low bass in my room with the T10S - strangely, more than I could with S600 in my previous house, where the room was only slightly larger.

Each to there own and all that.

G

Agreed having had floorstsnders for years it limited the space in our room, where far to dominant and bass was too much, my room gets really get excited with bass easily. Having tried different floorstanders, constant replacement, DSP (room mods won’t ever happen it’s a living room not a studio) I decided to return back to smaller standmounts and chose the Tab 10S. They had more control and just sheer musicality than anything I else I listened to in my price range and they sounded better than the floorstanders I had for overall quality of listening experience. Yes they are not as full on in some occasions but I dont want for that experience any more these are far better for prolonged listening sound great at any level and exact all the detail one could possibly need, and they look great to boot.

3 Likes

Graeme,

No offence intended and yes I know you are right - the room plays a major part. Kans were frequently criticised back in their day for having no bass and sounding like transistor radios. When I had them at my parent’s house they were in a typical traditional semi lounge (not a through lounge) and they were actually verging I thought on being bass heavy. As I mentioned before, the Tabletts have for decades been on my radar but for some reason I just never got around to hearing them. I’m sure I would love them.

2 Likes

You have a hell of a system up front, and driven like that a good small speaker can do things people who hadn’t heard it wouldn’t believe was possible. I tried nSats on the end of a 552/300 and it was really something. But replace the Sats with SL2s and the whole scale moved up another level, as it should of course. At the end of the day it doesn’t really matter.

4 Likes

I agree, they are lovely looking little things. Simple boxes with no flashy bits, beautifully made and which sound great. They don’t dominate the room but just sit there doing their thing. Apologies for posting a picture, but it seems appropriate given the discussion about fitting with the room.

13 Likes

Downright sexy… beautiful… love it when everything is in its place. Cheers

1 Like

hungryhalibut,

You have a lovely room and yes the Tabletts look superb. I remember when you had SL2’s and I can see that the Tabletts suit the room better - far less dominating. Have fun!

3 Likes

T10s are wonderful speakers. When Proac launched the T10 (none sig) I purchased a white pair, for their size they are simply “staggering” the signature version was then released and bought a cherry pair.

Ive since moved onto SL2s but occasionally I still hanker for another pair, one day perhaps.

2 Likes

You can see from this angle how little space they take up, and open stands allow you to see the wall, so they dominate even less. Solid blocky floorstanders are far more intrusive, but far better for impressing your mates, if that’s important.

5 Likes

HH - I’d you have an Apple TV, you could wirelessly have the sound coming through the speakers and NDX2…

The Tabletts look absolutely lovely and it’s a big bonus that they are a boundary design. Nothing worse than having speakers half way across the room!

2 Likes

They look lovely in a beautiful room!
They look quite close to the wall. Are they?
When I had my Response 1 SC which are rear ported they needed to be about a foot or so into the room.
I still have the 1SC in the loft and thinking I might just dig them out and give them a blast…

Tabs are sealed so designed to be very close to the wall, although they work further out to. Mine are about 40cm to front of speaker as mine are placed with back to wall with a large window so curtains needing to be pulled stop then being so close, but I also use Tripod stand Solidsteel SS6 with mine so it’s never as close as HH. We just added new curtains the other week and it’s helped them sound even better and deeper.and stopped some reflections especially when closed, the older ones where not very thick compared to these.

4 Likes

About 9cm, which is as close as they can go with the spikes just in front of the carpet gripper.

1 Like

The TV is connected to the NDX2 with an optical cable, which we use all the time when watching.

Out of interest, do you find it distracting that the TV screen is not located between the speakers?

Not at all. It’s weird how the brain compensates so that the sound seems to be coming from the same place as the picture.

I find the lip sync lag better when using airplay

Glad it works for you.

We were able to get the TV between the speakers here, but at one of our previous properties, when I had IBL’s actually, it was impossible due to the fireplace, as with your room. I tried but simply couldn’t reconcile the sound not coinciding with the image so ended up buying some Bose computer speakers for the TV. (no soundbars back then!). They were pretty good actually.

Maybe the Tabletts are more accommodating. IBL’s were nothing if not idiosyncratic!