Product registration/warranty

Hi Clare,

Many thanks for the update. The explanation does correspond with my experience.

Clare, thanks for the update, things moving in the right direction. Please can you confirm whether we can expect to receive retrospective confirmations for kit that has been registered ?

Thx, Paul

I canā€™t promise that, but iā€™ll ask!

thanks claire-that will do for me.

Hi Clare,

Are product registrations now being processed correctly? Iā€™ve just looked back, and see that I received a confirmation for the ND5XS2 in 2019, but nothing so far for the NAIT XS2 I think I registered earlier today.

What is the ā€˜loginā€™ on the Naim website for? Product registration doesnā€™t seem to give you login credentials for an ā€˜accountā€™, nor can I find any other way to ā€˜registerā€™. Am I missing something obvious?

Andy

I was also wondering what ā€œlog inā€ was for? Would be great to be able to log in and see a list of registered products and whether they are in/out of warranty period.

Hi Andy,
I am told all is being correctly processed, yes. If youā€™ve already registered products, you donā€™t automatically get sent an email when you register another, it seems - just one of the many oddities baked into a website thatā€™s soon to be retired for a more 21st Century beast!
Ditto the login - this is more for dealers etc, not consumers. Again, a blast from the past that will be superceded before too longā€¦
Apologies for any confusion!

Okey doke. I see itā€™s not just me thatā€™s confused then! Looking forward to a new less confusing websiteā€¦ :wink:

Thanks

Andy

1 Like

Perhaps we should drop online registration and go back to the white card postal version. I always wondered if Naim could read my handwritingā€¦

I remember that from my first Nait 1 and then 32.5/HC/250. Happier times in some ways and probably a small part played in building brand loyalty back then. Iā€™d imagine volumes are different these days, so clearly no longer viable. But letā€™s hope the replacement system can recapture the essence of that individual touch to some extent.

Letter was good. I got one in 2002. And the print magazines were nice too.

Musical Fidelity used to add you to their database and send out publicity stuff. And sometimes a Christmas card. I stopped buying their stuff new around 2001, but still received stuff for about 1l0 years.
Always offers of Anthonyā€™s latest limited edition whatever.
At one point he even sent out a load of limited edition watches. Nice gesture, but junk really.
But at least you knew that they had received your registration. I managed to return an X Ray cdp a few weeks before the 5 year warranty was up to have the display changed. Rarely much fundamentally went wrong with their gear. Just an occasional suppliers display!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.