NDS, 555.
252 supercap dr
nap 300dr
Chord signature xl
Sopra 1.
two stacks of fraim

Lovely!lol

2 Likes

Hi Damien0, as Iā€™m also in the upgrade mood, Iā€™d be interested to know if you managed to compare the 300 with the new classic 250? A few have said the new classic 250 is as good as the 300, so Iā€™m interested that, if thatā€™s the case then the new classic 250 would keep the box count low. Thanks. Best wishes Amer

Evening mate, hope you are good.

This is my take on it, but i have not heard the new 250. The nap 250 dr is a brilliant bit of kit but the 300dr is very different, i cant think of a situation where it wouldnt be. the new 250 is a single box design, though im sure its much better than the model it replaces i cant see how it would beat a two box design. (apparently a 250dr and 300dr are quite similar with its components etc so the difference being when you take out all the noisy stuff and pop it in a different box)

Tomorrow we will all see the nap300dr replacementā€¦im excited but i wont be getting one. i want a 552 next

3 Likes

And when that hits the market Iā€™m sure there will be even more 300DR bargains.

1 Like

All music starts at the source and then the pre-amp, both are more important than the amp, so donā€™t blame the 300DR itā€™s excellentā€¦

2 Likes

Im really enjoying what my 300dr is doing mate, its awesome

Congratulations. A superbly capable power amp that doesnā€™t have to try. IMO one of the best VFM things, at its price point, that Naim make.

The 252/300 was my entry point for Naim amplification. The first Naim pre/power pairing I auditioned that were unmatched at their price level or beaten by cheaper alternatives.

2 Likes

Did the same in December last yearā€¦massive change

Thanks for the Tip mate, I was sure speakers where making it sound Shrill.
Cheers

Thanks for the Tips, big upgrade to that level.

Cheers

Nothing currently

What is your complete system.

Cheers

We run Monitor Audio floorstanders from late 1990ā€™s in office with SuperUniti. We had them in lounge before SF arrived too.

The MA have metal done tweeters and the sound signature is quite bright. In a small room at low/medium volume theyā€™re acceptable, even very enjoyable. Used to feed them with Rotel monoblocs which really got them jumping.

The MA have a completely different presentation to the SF in the lounge, which are far more neutral and uncoloured.

When we moved from MA to SF on end of SU in lounge it took a while to get used to the sound. At first we thought weā€™d ā€œlostā€ treble, before we realised that actually things were just more balanced and the treble was still there and very detailed, but just not so in your face.

Just shows what a huge effect speaker choice has on your system.

(Thereā€™s a couple of lovely sets of these Monitors on an auction site just now, in rosewood. Not ours! We have the Monitor (sealed cabinet) which, when mass loaded, we found to have a far tighter bass than the Monitor with ported cabinet. Still a great VFM speaker).

1 Like

It just might be. One day Iā€™ll get a decent power supply
Cheers

What is your complete system.

Cheers

Itā€™s all in my profile.

We used to run 272/XPSDR/250DR before upgrading.

Most Definitely

Sure thing. This is my main system.

Pre: Manley Labs Neo-Classic 300B (w/Western Electric 300B + NOS valves)
Power: Naim NAP300DR
DAC: Aqua La Scala MKII
USB reclocker: Innuos Phoenix USB
Turntable: Thorens TD-850
Cartridge: Ortofon MC A90
Phono: Rega IOS (original model)
NAS: Innuos Zen Mini Mk3 w/PSU
Speakers: Sonus Faber Liuto Towers
Power regenerator: PS Audio PP3
Speaker cable: Chord Co Epic Reference
Interconnects: Chord Co Signature Plus, Atlas Mavros + others
Power cords: Shunyata Venom V10 + 12 NR, Audio Sensibility Statement

My listening room is small but has a good mix between hard and soft surfaces.

EDIT: I know it may seem like an incoherent Frankensteinā€™s monster of a system but trust me, it sounds amazing and is balanced to my taste. Looking to replace the speaker cable in the near future.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.