Purchased a Nap-300 today

Spotify was fine up to a certain level here. It’s unlistenable on my current living room system. It’s just not good enough and I think that’s what you are hearing. I suggest getting a Qobuz trial if available in your place.

5 Likes

Ah, yes, I missed that detail. You are quite right. As the system is a 272, Qobuz would need a work around, though Tidal CD quality would be much better than Spotify, and they are bringing out hi-res soon as well.

1 Like

If your big room has ceramic tiles it’s certainly not going to help. There’s others here with better knowledge than me but I think you may have an issue with your room acoustics.

2 Likes

Putting a rug on the floor or even some blankets to test I’d say

1 Like

This would have me suspicious right from the get go. Were they properly terminated?

1 Like

had a look over some of the replies here @Gavmic

I think the responses are correct, its not the 300. i dont think a 272 on its own would be good enough, 300dr seems way more revealing in my system than a 250dr, im now hearing what my source and pre can really do.

the 300 at your dealer might have had very little use/not quite set up right. with that being said mine sounded awesome straight away

With Naca5, i dont get on with it at all, i use Chord Signature. much better but its way more money. i do use Sopra 1 so maybe naca5 is a bit top heavy

2 Likes

272/555/300 is a good system ime

Never heard a 272 bare into a 300 but can imagine it might be unbalanced.

1 Like

Fake news!!

I listen to loads of metal, across many genre. The 300DR does a fabulous job of resolving complex arrangements. On death metal and grindcore it’s a significant improvement over a 250DR which did sound a bit smooshy, with vocals getting lost in the wall of noise. 300DR does much better at separating musical strands.

If something is “shrill” look elsewhere in your setup/room as it’s not a 300DR issue in my opinion.

2 Likes

I really shouldn’t have started watching this thread…….I’m getting itchy.

1 Like

Scratch away…you won’t regret it going from 250DR.
I haven’t for one single moment.

If 500DR or Statement are in Finance Fantasyland, then it’s 300DR or…wait for the NC price and reviews.

1 Like

I like the classic boxes, so I’d be going for a 300DR. Second hand prices seem to be reasonable too. I’m glad to hear from @Damien0 that it works well with Sopra1s.

1 Like

A great itch to have!

Sounds like a done deal :+1:t3:

1 Like

mate do it, its so good a combo

3 Likes

As others have mentioned, the 300DR isn’t the issue. Not sure how well the 272 will do, but Monitor Audio speakers of that vintage are well know for being a bit on the bright side. Then it sounds like your room is far from ideal, add in some stock Naim cabling, which can be tipped up in the top end & what about the quality of the recording itself?

Nothing Currently

Let me illiterate my listening levels are at times just below halfway on the Spotify Volume Slider

There is no Connect application on 272, only Tidal and Spotify. Guess I’ll go into Tidal

Great Idea. Cheers

1 Like

Most definitely. Interesting how the A4 tamed it down somewhat.

What is your complete system